thePlenty.net Forums
Your Favorite Quote/Saying?...and dragon ramblings... - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Your Favorite Quote/Saying?...and dragon ramblings... (/thread-178.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Your Favorite Quote/Saying? - maulkin - Jul-28-2010

(Jul-19-2010, 02:49 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: "This face isn't perfect but it suits me."
--maulkin (100 questions thread, here on thePlenty)
Ha ha! Thanks Farseer. I will have to come up with some more memorable quotes. I don't think that I want this one to be my legacy!

RE: Your Favorite Quote/Saying? - Chrischa - Aug-03-2010

I heard a brilliant one yesterday in a debate about global warming;

"You can't solve problems with the same mindset that created them."
- Einstein

RE: Your Favorite Quote/Saying? - 'thul - Aug-25-2010

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

'tis true... at least the first part...

as for another that we like, especially because it is valid to this day, and one hundred percent true, is this:

Cave ab homine unius libri

RE: Your Favorite Quote/Saying? - Farseer - Aug-25-2010

You have an undetered interest in weapons of that era, 'thul!

As for the second, it seems to fit us all here on thePlenty quite well Big Grin !!!

RE: Your Favorite Quote/Saying? - 'thul - Aug-25-2010

they are rather fascinating...

RE: Your Favorite Quote/Saying? - NeverBeenWise - Aug-25-2010

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
-Darth Vader

I have more, but they elude me. Down

RE: Your Favorite Quote/Saying? - 'thul - Aug-26-2010

These beings are 100% certain they saw that quote written on an image of that pope down in Rome yesterday... (the pope that is, not the picture)

RE: Your Favorite Quote/Saying? - Nuytsia - Aug-26-2010

heheheheeee!!

RE: Your Favorite Quote/Saying? - Mervi - Sep-01-2010

Well, here's a quote from one of the greatest tv shows of all time, the X-files. In an episode from the 6th season titled "The Unnatural", Mulder, the anti-social nerd who is obsessed with everything unexplainable and especially the possibility of alien life is, as usual, buried in his work in the basement office of the FBI building where his controversial theories are kept out of sight. Scully, his partner in crime and one in five billion, who (though not exactly the life of the party either) is a much more sceptical and, might I use the the terrible term "normal" person, walks in, and the following exchange takes place:

Quote:Scully: Mulder, it is such a gorgeous day outside. Have you ever entertained the idea of trying to find life on this planet?

Mulder: I have seen the life on this planet, Scully, and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere.

Radar This quote is on my mind right now because it IS an exceptionally gorgeous day outside, one of those rare autumn days when the temperature is not too cold yet to warrant searching for gloves or other such warming accessories but not so hot that one is as uncomfortable as during summer. So, I'm going to take Scully's advise and head out of the door.

RE: Your Favorite Quote/Saying? - Nuytsia - Oct-07-2010

Totally! Mulder..... (ooh if only he'd stopped making TV shows after the X Files.....)

Reminds me of a bit from the IT Crowd:

You could meet other people as well.
Yeah. I don't like people.
Ah, well, now that's not fair, Roy. Have you met all of them?
I've met enough of them.
People! What a bunch of bastards.