thePlenty.net Forums
Your Favorite Quote/Saying?...and dragon ramblings... - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Your Favorite Quote/Saying?...and dragon ramblings... (/thread-178.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Your Favorite Quote/Saying? - Farseer - May-11-2011

^ I so could have used this a couple of days ago, redchild...it would have sounded spectacular prior to the click of a hung-up phone! Big Grin

(May-05-2011, 09:34 AM (UTC))danieladamsmith Wrote: Robert Frost
"I took the road less travelled and it made all the differance"

Oh, my! I fell in love with these words from Frost's poem 'The Road Not Taken' way back during my final year of Secondary schooling. The poem was the opening verse for one of my favourite English textbooks. Its title? Yellow Wood, which was taken from the first line of the same poem:

Quote:Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both...

That Frost ended up choosing "the one less travelled by" was powerful stuff for a seventeen-year-old (who was ready to take on the world) to hear! I certainly took his advice, and have subsequently found myself both thanking and damning him over these past twenty years!! P

RE: Your Favorite Quote/Saying? - 'thul - May-11-2011

These beings enjoy one they got from a game sometime last week...

"If you must eat a phoenix, don't roast it, that only encourages it. Instead boil in water or hot oil."

RE: Your Favorite Quote/Saying? - redchild - May-12-2011

(May-11-2011, 05:02 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: ^ I so could have used this a couple of days ago, redchild...it would have sounded spectacular prior to the click of a hung-up phone! Big Grin

Indeed. D:

(May-11-2011, 10:03 AM (UTC))thul Wrote: These beings enjoy one they got from a game sometime last week...

"If you must eat a phoenix, don't roast it, that only encourages it. Instead boil in water or hot oil."

Mmm, fried phoenix and waffles. Is that from Ace Attorney?

And a running joke in To Be or Not To Be:
"They named a brandy after Napoleon, they made a herring out of Bismarck, and the Fuhrer is going to end up as a piece of cheese!"

RE: Your Favorite Quote/Saying? - 'thul - May-12-2011

Nope. Not from that. These beings do not even know what Ace Attorney is.

RE: Your Favorite Quote/Saying? - Nuytsia - Jun-08-2011

(Mar-25-2011, 04:54 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote:
Quote:If it weren't for the last minute, I wouldn't get anything done!
In twelve words, she has encapsulated my life! Smiling

DITTO!

RE: Your Favorite Quote/Saying? - redchild - Jul-16-2011

Einstein quotes! They conveniently read like tweets...

"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales."

"The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits."

"The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking."

"What a sad era when it is easier to smash an atom than a prejudice."

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."

"Common sense is what tells us the earth is flat."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."

"Nothing happens until something moves."

RE: Your Favorite Quote/Saying? - Farseer - Aug-02-2011

I have a 'Country Wisdom' perpetual calendar in my kitchen with "warm-hearted thoughts" set down for each day. Today's entry reads:
Quote:A deep canyon cut through solid rock is the monument of a river's persistence.

A nice thought on its own however I couldn't help but immediately think of *Farseer spoiler*

Okay, so this could just as easily have gone in the 'You know you're hooked when...' thread! Wink

RE: Your Favorite Quote/Saying? - fool-ish - Aug-03-2011

"If it was raining soup, you'd be outside with a fork!" *Tawny Man* spoiler

I really hope that one sticks in my mind and is used at least once in my life! Brilliant! ClappingP

RE: Your Favorite Quote/Saying? - Farseer - Aug-03-2011

I agree! Such a terrific line! P

I feel all 'Godfather-like' when I do it, Blushing but I've just amended the post to include a spoiler tag as there's no spoiler tags in the thread title.

Maybe you would like to play the quote game, fool-ish?

RE: Your Favorite Quote/Saying? - fool-ish - Aug-04-2011

(Aug-03-2011, 11:44 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: I agree! Such a terrific line! P

I feel all 'Godfather-like' when I do it, Blushing but I've just amended the post to include a spoiler tag as there's no spoiler tags in the thread title.

Maybe you would like to play the quote game, fool-ish?

Oops, sorry! Wasn't my intention to spoil. Surrender

And I'll check out the quote game :-)