thePlenty.net Forums
Your Favorite Quote/Saying?...and dragon ramblings... - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Your Favorite Quote/Saying?...and dragon ramblings... (/thread-178.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Your Favorite Quote/Saying? - Farseer - Aug-04-2011

(Aug-04-2011, 11:13 AM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: Oops, sorry! Wasn't my intention to spoil. Surrender

No worries. You have a long, long, long way to go to catch up to thePlenty's worst (and repeat) 'spoiler' offender. One forgetful member who goes by the name of ... ... Farseer. I have had to edit and add spoiler tags to a number of her posts in this last week. When will she learn? P

RE: Your Favorite Quote/Saying? - 'thul - Aug-04-2011

never?

RE: Your Favorite Quote/Saying? - Farseer - Aug-04-2011

Uhhuh 'thul beings, you are not supposed to know someone so well when you have all never even met them!!! Big Grin

@fool-ish - I took your words as a challenge and said your line to my husband yesterday (knowing he is not too far from reaching that part in the book so it was kind of like a now or never situation). Of course, it was all I could do to keep myself from grinning like a fool while I said it, but said it I did. His immediate come-back? 'Not me. I'd be out there with a bucket!' I think he won...

RE: Your Favorite Quote/Saying? - 'thul - Aug-05-2011

Whoopsie?

*grin*

RE: Your Favorite Quote/Saying? - fool-ish - Aug-05-2011

(Aug-04-2011, 10:22 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Uhhuh 'thul beings, you are not supposed to know someone so well when you have all never even met them!!! Big Grin

@fool-ish - I took your words as a challenge and said your line to my husband yesterday (knowing he is not too far from reaching that part in the book so it was kind of like a now or never situation). Of course, it was all I could do to keep myself from grinning like a fool while I said it, but said it I did. His immediate come-back? 'Not me. I'd be out there with a bucket!' I think he won...

Clapping Yeah, I think he won too. Quick-thinking husband you've got there! Big Grin I must use the quote at some point and see what I get back. I'll let you know after the event Smiling

RE: Your Favorite Quote/Saying? - Nuytsia - Sep-11-2011

Turned

"I reject your reality and substitute my own"

RE: Your Favorite Quote/Saying? - Farseer - Jan-04-2012

^ Oh, I like that! P

So, I have been carting around the piece of paper from my Christmas cracker with me since lunch on Dec 25th (it's now only the 4th of Jan!) and here I am, finally ready to share the quote so I can throw the annoying piece of paper in the bin Big Grin ...not my favourite quote by any means but I thought of this thread when I cracked my cracker:

"Kindness which is bestowed on the good is never lost." Plato

Sad to say that my crown hat Crown mysteriously split in half and thus I wasn't able to wear it at the table... P

RE: Your Favorite Quote/Saying? - fool-ish - Jan-04-2012

I'm too idle to go look it up, but something along the lines of 'Is your tongue hinged in the middle? You talk too much!' made me laugh and I hope it's one of those quotes that stays with me so I can use it at some point. Smiling

RE: Your Favorite Quote/Saying? - Valarya - Jan-12-2012

(Jul-16-2011, 10:28 AM (UTC))redchild Wrote: Einstein quotes! They conveniently read like tweets...

I love Einstein quotes. Here is one of my favs:

"The belief in an external world independent of the perceiving subject is the basis of all natural science. Since, however, sense perception only gives information of this external world or of "physical reality" indirectly, we can only grasp the latter by speculative means. It follows from this that our notions of physical reality can never be final. We must always be ready to change these notions-that is to say, the axiomatic basis of physics-in order to do justice to perceived facts in the most perfect way logically."

------------
Another favorite of mine:

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." -- STEPHEN ROBERTS

RE: Your Favorite Quote/Saying? - 'thul - Jan-12-2012

got one that is a bit odd, but always chuckleworthy... No idea about its source (beyond internet)

"never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"