thePlenty.net Forums
The urge to create - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: The urge to create (/thread-185.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: The urge to create - Nuytsia - Aug-05-2010

Oooh more creativity! Good luck to you too Chrischa!!! Clapping
You guys are so industrious!

RE: The urge to create - Albertosaurus Rex - Aug-12-2010

I wish you good luck too, Chrischa. I never guessed that we had so many storytellers among us.

I still haven't received a reply to my story submission. I've been told that it can take a while and that one must NOT harrass publishers with pleas for replies. Still, it's difficult to wait. Meanwhile, I keep writing. I have the beginnings of a fantasy and a sf story in my files and a completed story that's a little closer to home, but I have feeling that something is still lacking from that one.

(Do note that short really does mean short in my case so far - I haven't really gone beyond a couple thousand words per story yet, but we all have to start somewhere, right?)

RE: The urge to create - Farseer - Aug-13-2010

(Aug-12-2010, 05:54 PM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote: (Do note that short really does mean short in my case so far - I haven't really gone beyond a couple thousand words per story yet, but we all have to start somewhere, right?)

Absolutely! Keep going!!

RE: The urge to create - Nuytsia - Aug-13-2010

Yeah I'd try and forget all about the one you submitted and just keep writing while you have the urge!

Err by forget about it, I don't mean give up on it, just .... don't wait around for it!

I have no inside knowledge but I'd imagine it could take them a very long time to actually get back to you no matter what the outcome.

RE: The urge to create - Albertosaurus Rex - Aug-14-2010

I just wish they could have given me an estimate. The deadline is 1 september, so I'm not sure if I should expect an answer before then. If only I know how those editors actually work...

I'm working on a new tale, near-future sf and quite disturbing actually... By the time I hear back about my submitted story, I'll have a nice little collection.

RE: The urge to create - 'thul - Aug-16-2010

Sounds good... Hope they turn out well...

These beings are one step closer to finishing that aforementioned trolley, but they need to get hold of a 3m long pole, either out of some decent wood, or out of lightweight metal before they can finish it... Not the easiest thing to do...

RE: The urge to create - Nuytsia - Aug-18-2010

It's a pity you don't live near me..... I have lots of wood growing here!

Alberto well 1 September isn't far off ...... unless you're waiting for it I guess....
Ah well, patience!

RE: The urge to create - 'thul - Aug-19-2010

This is one of 'thul's current projects...

It is a sort of facility built inside and below an mountain. They use it in a roleplay they are working on.

RE: The urge to create - Albertosaurus Rex - Aug-20-2010

Now that's a very different sort of creation. Very nice.

Still haven't heard from that magazine. Still working on my near-future piece. I also wrote a very short, more lighthearted piece because my near-future tale is a bit gloomy and I needed a little distraction.

Dang, but I really want to hear back from the mag!

RE: The urge to create - joost - Aug-20-2010

(Aug-19-2010, 01:58 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: This is one of 'thul's current projects...

It is a sort of facility built inside and below an mountain. They use it in a roleplay they are working on.
It reminds me a bit of Descent maps...