thePlenty.net Forums
The books you are most looking forward to - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: The books you are most looking forward to (/thread-186.html)

The books you are most looking forward to - Albertosaurus Rex - Jul-26-2010

I think this is self explanatory.

1. George R. R. Martin - A Dance With Dragons
Well, this is the book everyone in the fantasy community is looking forward to. ASOIAF is one of the best stories I've ever read and I'm sure that this book will be worth the wait.

2. R. Scott Bakker - Disciple of the Dog
While I couldn't get through The Prince of Nothing, I thought Neuropath was pure awesome. For that reason, I am eagerly awaiting Bakker's new thriller.

3. Robin Hobb - "The Next Book"
4. Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm - The Inheritance
Do I really have to explain anything here? Two RH books in one year? It's almost too good to be true.

EDIT: Fixed codes.

RE: The books you are most looking forward to - joost - Jul-27-2010

Robert Jordan [and family] - Whatever the title is for book 12
Clive Barker - Abarat 3
George RR Martin - A dance with dragons

RE: The books you are most looking forward to - 'thul - Jul-27-2010

Whatever book is next in RotE... Is that not rather logical?

These beings also await the time when they can get Dragon Haven in paperback...

RE: The books you are most looking forward to - Nuytsia - Jul-28-2010

Me too waiting for Martin ....... and Ms Hobb...... at least the latter is a lot shorter wait!

RE: The books you are most looking forward to - Farseer - Jul-28-2010

1. Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm - The Inheritance. No doubt it will shed much light on many things for RotE fans, if other related short stories are anything to go by...oh, the anticipation Yay !!! The cover alone has me speculating, not to mention salivating...more cats Detective !!!

2. Robin Hobb - whatever Tangle Leader wishes to offer...I'm not picky Joker !

3. John Flanagan - The Emperor of Nihon-Ja, book number ten in the 'Ranger's Apprentice' series. They might be for youths but I LOVE THEM...the relationships between the main characters are so real and all innocent good fun Crown !

RE: The books you are most looking forward to - danieladamsmith - Apr-07-2011

The final book of The Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss,
The next Peter Brett Book to follow Desert Spear, Rogue by Trudi Canavan, The next Brent Weeks book....

RE: The books you are most looking forward to - Farseer - Apr-07-2011

Well met and welcome to thePlenty, danieladamsmith - great to have you here with us! Clapping I saw some of your posts yesterday but then my internet connection went down so apologies for the belated welcome...you're already eight posts in! P

I have Trudi Canavan's 'The Magician's Apprentice' sitting on a bookshelf waiting to be read (it would have been terrific to be able to get to Melbourne to meet her this weekend!) and I am yet to get back to 'The Black Prism' by Brent Weeks, which I began and put down some time ago.

I was only thinking the other day that, now with 'The Inheritance' well in hand, the only book I am really looking forward to at the moment is the next post-Dragon Haven book.

RE: The books you are most looking forward to - FoolishGirl - Apr-07-2011

(Apr-07-2011, 03:04 PM (UTC))danieladamsmith Wrote: The final book of The Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss,
The next Peter Brett Book to follow Desert Spear, Rogue by Trudi Canavan, The next Brent Weeks book....
Hi danieladamsmith! Welcome!
I fully agree about Rothfuss. I devoured book Two in a couple of days and I knew I should have stretched it out just a bit longer. The wait will be interminable. Guess I can go back and re-read One and Two...

Speaking of re-reading, that's what I'll be doing with GRRM's books while I wait for A Game of Thrones to make it to Netflix. Whistling

RE: The books you are most looking forward to - danieladamsmith - Apr-08-2011

FOOLISH GIRL WROTE
"Hi danieladamsmith! Welcome!
I fully agree about Rothfuss. I devoured book Two in a couple of days and I knew I should have stretched it out just a bit longer. The wait will be interminable. Guess I can go back and re-read One and Two..."

Hey thanks Foolish Girl...right back at you....
Yeah I used to complain while I waiting for The Wise Man's Fear and the adjusted release dates but I enjoyed it sooo much. Let a writer take every second they need to realize their vision. There are other writers out there I figure I'll just discover new stuff, re-read old stuff and get ready for the final book. The genre is so rich right now and there are so many new exciting writers and it's really heading somewhere special and new. As much as I love the classic stuff like Tolkein and Michael Moorcock...I am really happy that Fantasy or Speculative Fiction as it seems to be called now has rid itself of the old trappings and gone somewhere different.