thePlenty.net Forums
Book cover art inaccuracy - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Book cover art inaccuracy (/thread-188.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Book cover art inaccuracy - Valarya - Nov-11-2011

Going to put everything in spoiler tags b/c I don't know what is tolerant or not. P

RE: Book cover art inaccuracy - 'thul - Nov-11-2011

RE: Book cover art inaccuracy - fool-ish - Nov-12-2011

I have the copy with John Howe's cover art which I took to be Peottre and Elliania. The other cover I'd say was fool. I like them both though very much. Some of my books in this series have the 'dragon' art. Beggared if I can remember the name of the artist! Don't like them so much and I do intend to replace those ones at some point because if I ever get that bookshelf, I want it to look nice Wink

RE: Book cover art inaccuracy - Valarya - Nov-19-2011

Is there a thread on these forums that showcase all the cover arts for all the books? If there is, I can't find it and need assistance, lol. If there isn't... well, there should be!

RE: Book cover art inaccuracy - 'thul - Nov-19-2011

These beings do not believe there is such a thread. A number have been posted here, and all the RH/ML book covers are over in the wiki.

RE: Book cover art inaccuracy - Farseer - Nov-20-2011

(Nov-12-2011, 12:07 AM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: Some of my books in this series have the 'dragon' art. Beggared if I can remember the name of the artist!

Do you mean Jackie Morris, fool-ish? Better get used to those 'dragon' covers as they are the ONLY cover art to now be used for CoD and BoD. Smiling As an aside, for those of you who try to keep up with Jackie, she has moved from her Drawing a Line in Time blog site to Wordpress.

Valarya, here's a link to all of the Robin Hobb books within the wiki, and here's a link to the Megan Lindholm ones. When you get there, you'll also find a link to the RotE books only.

RE: Book cover art inaccuracy - fool-ish - Nov-20-2011

Yep, that's the one, Jackie Morris. I like the art but prefer a picture that tells a tale. My mission to search for replacements will begin in earnest in the new year. Smiling

RE: Book cover art inaccuracy - Valarya - Nov-23-2011

(Nov-20-2011, 08:22 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Valarya, here's a link to all of the Robin Hobb books within the wiki, and here's a link to the Megan Lindholm ones. When you get there, you'll also find a link to the RotE books only.

Yes!!! Thank you, Farseer! Slurp

A whole gallery of allll the book covers, even Soldier's Son Trilogy!! I love it. Proud

Ok. LOL Seriously? Is this a joke?

The Russian copy of Royal Assassin is using the cover-art for A Clash of Kings, which is the 2nd book in Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series. I clearly see "Robin Hobb" there in Russian on the cover and it's just hilarious to think of Melisandre, Stannis Baratheon & Davos Seaworth on the cover of a Fitz book. So so wrong, haha. How on earth did they get away with this!?

RE: Book cover art inaccuracy - 'thul - Nov-23-2011

Good question that one... and very wrong.

RE: Book cover art inaccuracy - Farseer - Nov-23-2011

What a great pick-up, Valarya...Blink and I'm gobsmacked!

More questions are required of this, I think! Detective