thePlenty.net Forums
Stargate Universe - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Stargate Universe (/thread-218.html)

Pages: 1 2

Stargate Universe - Albertosaurus Rex - Nov-04-2010

Who is watching this series? It isn't being broadcast on TV in the Netherlands, but my dad got his hands on a DVD box of season 1 and we're watching it together.

It's very different from previous Stargate shows, and that's a good thing, because Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis have over 300 episodes combined. So a show in the same vein probably wouldn't work - everything has been done with it. The feel of this new show reminds me very much of the Battlestar Galactica remake and that's a good thing too, because I loved that series.

However, I find that it's so grim at times that watching large quantities of it makes me really depressed. So approach with caution!

RE: Stargate Universe - 'thul - Nov-05-2010

'thul watches this. 'thul likes this.

'thul has roughly 144 gigabytes of stargate stored.

'thul is in the early middle of season two, having seen all six episodes released so far.

RE: Stargate Universe - Albertosaurus Rex - Nov-07-2010

Thul, did you ever watch the other Stargate series and how do you think Universe compares to them? It's definitely much better than Atlantis, which was a big disappointment. Not that I never enjoyed it, but it was such a huge missed opportunity. The "stranded with no connection to Earth" premise was dropped after the first season and none of the villains really worked. As for SG-1, well... that was a good series most of the time, but it's so radically different. I mean, had Destiny been introduced in an episode of SG-1, then I'm sure Carter would have found a way back to Earth in one episode.

RE: Stargate Universe - Farseer - Nov-07-2010

I have been a Star Wars tragic from the time it was first released (yes, I AM that old, though I was only a little nipper at the time!) but I have never been able to transfer this interest over to Star Trek or Stargate etc. Not sure why Uhhuh , but there you have it.

RE: Stargate Universe - 'thul - Nov-08-2010

No matter how high quality files you have, you cannot get 1 1/2 season of any series to take up 144 gigabytes. So yes, 'thul has all stargate episodes released so far.

'thul is the rare kind of fan that likes all three series.

In their opinion, the three series are too different to really compare... 'thul think that it is the intention to have earth to be oh so close, yet oh so far away. 'thul likes that.

RE: Stargate Universe - Albertosaurus Rex - Dec-17-2010

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I've just read that it's now cancelled! Why??? Why??? Crying

RE: Stargate Universe - 'thul - Dec-17-2010

because the people in charge of certain north american networks are pretty foolish?

RE: Stargate Universe - 'thul - Dec-26-2010

there is the faint hope that another network is smarter than SyFy, and picks up the threads... at least MGM has its finances working again...

Perhaps MGM will let the british "skyOne" pick it up?

RE: Stargate Universe - Nuytsia - Jan-12-2011

Farseer I'd say Star Wars and Stargate are VERY different!

Ok well I don't watch Stargate very closely (I have only really seen so many eps cos my boyfriend is watching it and I'm in the room, probably posting on the plenty or some such)...... which goes to show I'm not a particular fan of it. It's ok.

I must say I've seen a few eps of SG Universe and from what I saw (granted I wasn't paying too much attention) I really didn't think much of it. Toooooo much about people's personal interactions and not enough freaky aliens and stuff blowing up. That would be fine if the former was interesting, but I didn't find it so.

RE: Stargate Universe - 'thul - Jan-13-2011

There have been more and more things blowing up the further out into season two one has progressed... hopefully some channel or other will pick it up so it can get more than two seasons...