thePlenty.net Forums
Favorite tv shows - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Favorite tv shows (/thread-232.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Favorite tv shows - Nuytsia - Sep-20-2011

Welcome Apricots!
I was just going to guess that you were in Australia as all those TV shows are on here now, but I see you are in the UK !! We must have the same shows at the same time! (or at least some of them)

Hmmm now I guess that explains the 'British staple' comment, silly me!

RE: Favorite tv shows - Apricots - Sep-20-2011

I think our shows are surprisingly in sync when the (slightly closer) US takes three months to get them over to us!

And thank you! I'm definitely feeling very welcome to thePlenty already. (:

RE: Favorite tv shows - 'thul - Sep-20-2011

shows take too long to get to Norway. For reasons like that, these beings do not even own a TV.

RE: Favorite tv shows - Farseer - Sep-26-2011

A chance flick over to the ABC last night and I was immediately enchanted by The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency (beware, the link may have spoilers for the TV series/books so I have not looked too deeply into it myself!). Such a funny show, and like nothing I have ever seen before...it has to be seen to be believed! It was the first program of the series, so I will definitely be tuning in next week.

To cap of a great showing, a repeat of a Compass segment was shown straight after the program had ended, and it proved to be an interview with the author of the books that had prompted the TV adaptations.

I enjoyed the program so much, I think that I will also try and source the books! Book

RE: Favorite tv shows - Farseer - Oct-05-2011

I was sad to discover tonight that Spicks and Specks will be finishing up this year. Crying I haven't watched it too regularly over the years but it is a very funny show that will be missed once it goes off the air.

RE: Favorite tv shows - Nuytsia - Oct-06-2011

Really? I don't mind Spicks and Specks but it gets pretty same-old after a while. Probably a good thing you haven't watched it TOO regularly Smiling

United States of Tara is back on and I quite like that.

Geees I watch far too much TV !!!

RE: Favorite tv shows - 'thul - Oct-06-2011

These beings do not own a TV. Yet they watch TV shows.

RE: Favorite tv shows - fool-ish - Oct-10-2011

Better late than never, I'm currently working my way through the Game Of Thrones series online. I'm actually really quite impressed with the way they've remained (mostly) faithful to the book and the 'no holds barred' approach. Seven episodes down, three to go, day off again tomorrow...that's my afternoon sorted! Smiling

RE: Favorite tv shows - 'thul - Oct-10-2011

yes, game of thrones was especially suited for adaption to TV, unlike some other series...

RE: Favorite tv shows - fool-ish - Oct-11-2011

I may dabble with the True Blood series now...see if they can live up to my own personal vision of Bill and Eric P