thePlenty.net Forums
Favorite tv shows - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Favorite tv shows (/thread-232.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Favorite tv shows - Farseer - Oct-27-2011

(Oct-27-2011, 07:50 AM (UTC))joost Wrote: You already stole AR's 666th post by removing the picture spamthread Smiling

Big Grin Clapping Oh, I've missed you guys! Too funny!! Grouphug

RE: Favorite tv shows - Albertosaurus Rex - Oct-27-2011

Aww, why did you remove that nice lady's photos? She was only looking for company. Anyway, 666th post again.

To stay on topic: we're finally getting a new episode of Thundercats tomorrow.

RE: Favorite tv shows - 'thul - Oct-27-2011

These beings intend to test out whether the show called "terra nova" is any good, due to the possibility of a roleplay based on it. Apparently it was filmed in Australia.

RE: Favorite tv shows - Farseer - Oct-27-2011

You beings are correct. Not only was it filmed in Australia, it was done right here in sunny Queensland, straddling one of our wettest wet seasons in decades! P

@ AR - your three-year plan sounds good to me! Unlike you though, I really enjoyed Alias while it was on TV. I'm not sure why as I usually hate spy shows, especially ones featuring 'sexy' female kickboxing types. So, with nothing else to watch on the telly at the moment, I am going to start re-watching my Alias DVDs today...one episode per day with four seasons worth of viewing to get through, I should be kept busy with that for some time (if I can keep it to only one episode!!). Yay

RE: Favorite tv shows - Albertosaurus Rex - Oct-29-2011

I didn't mind watching Alias with my dad, but I have no desire to see it again. Unlike series like Buffy and Angel, that are just as much fun on a rewatch. (Just saw the Pylea episodes again. Completely crazy, but somehow it works...)

Thundercats continues to befuddle me. After a few great episodes, we got a dumb story this week involving... robotic teddybears? Yes, I know it's a kids' show, but still! I was hoping for something along the lines of Avatar: The Last Airbender, but I guess only The Legend of Korra will be able to recapture that feeling. 2012 seems so far way...

RE: Favorite tv shows - Albertosaurus Rex - Nov-01-2011

Speaking of Avatar... I got myself a copy of the comic book Avatar: The Lost Tales, a collection of comics that were published during the show's original run. Apparently they're fully in canon. Of the comics I've read, most are comedic shorts that fall a bit flat, although "Relics" expanded a bit on the airbender genocide and "Sokka the Avatar" was amusing.

Also, februari 2012 will see the release of the first volume of new Avatar comics:

[Image: 18604.jpg]

These comics are apparently meant to bridge the gap between the original series and The Legend of Korra, which I highly anticipate... I'm kinda torn between getting the comic when it comes out or waiting to see if it's getting a Dutch translation, on the rationale that if I ever have kids they might like to read it. (Said the unmarried single guy.)

RE: Favorite tv shows - 'thul - Nov-01-2011

"Terra Nova" was a quite decent show. Appears to be fairly well-made and worth continued watching.

RE: Favorite tv shows - Farseer - Nov-01-2011

(Nov-01-2011, 03:06 PM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote: I'm kinda torn between getting the comic when it comes out or waiting to see if it's getting a Dutch translation, on the rationale that if I ever have kids they might like to read it. (Said the unmarried single guy.)

Doesn't hurt to plan, AR! (so says the woman who began collecting things she'd need for her children when she was twelve... wanted to be a mother much?! Blushing ...still, everything collected did all come in handy, and much of it is still being used today!)

RE: Favorite tv shows - Albertosaurus Rex - Nov-08-2011

Twelve? At that age I didn't even know if I ever wanted to get married. I only had a vague notion of owning a pet someday. Only a couple of years ago have I become really aware of my desire to have children. I first became aware of it when a girl I was attracted to back then loudly proclaimed that she never wanted to have children. I've learned so much from her - I came to realize that she represented the opposite of many things I stood for. So I'm glad nothing ever actually happened between us, because we would have been incompatible anyway.

...But we were supposed to be talking about tv shows, right? The Caprica DVD boxset has recently been released in the Netherlands and I'm cruising the local stores trying to get it at the best price. I haven't seen a single episode yet but I loved BSG, so I have high hopes.

RE: Favorite tv shows - joost - Nov-08-2011

I've seen the pilot movie of Caprica, and didn't like it. It's a political thriller-series, not my cup of tea.

Recently purchased and on the to-watch list:
- Rin - daughters of Mnemosyne: an anime series about a supernatural detective
- How I met your mother season 6
- The big bang theory season 4
- The IT crowd season 1-3: I'm an IT dude, and colleagues have recommended this to me. It's British and I usually like British humour
- Little Britain season 1-3: See above
- Bones season 6: I usually don't like those CSI-series, but Bones adds enough humour for me to like it. Plus I like David Boreanaz (as an actor).