thePlenty.net Forums
Favorite tv shows - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Favorite tv shows (/thread-232.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Favorite tv shows - Farseer - Dec-18-2011

^ That's fantastic, thanks for all of that joost! Slurp Gee, you must really know your Buffy and Angel stuff! Clapping

(Dec-18-2011, 02:27 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: Not available? odd... its in its fourth season, so it should be available...

It's available for those who either want to pay for television (eg on Foxtel or Austar etc as an extra to what is already available on free-to-air) or who currently can receive digital television channels (such as ABC2)....which is pretty much everyone or anyone in the country who purchases a digital-ready TV or a set-top box, or a digital satellite as well as a new TV if they're truly isolated like me!

Even living way out here, I could receive digital if I wanted to throw my current satellite box in the bin and replace it with a new digital one...which I don't want to yet as it was newly purchased just prior to digital satellite boxes becoming available, and I likely won't buy a digital satellite box until either my old one doesn't work any more or until anolog television is finally switched off for everywhere in our state/country sometime in 2013.

Digital television has been/is being phased in over time with the entire east coast and other nearby coastal regions of Queensland (not sure about the rest of Oz) now within the footprint which has already made the change permanent after the 'phasing in' process which began when our Australian Government finally upped the ante with digital back in 2009.

Other regional, rural and remote areas are already able to receive it, if they have purchased the required equipment, but analog has not yet been switched off permanently, and won't be over the whole country until, as I said above, 2013.

(Dec-18-2011, 02:27 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: [slightly condescending, yet innocently joking]
Even in a place as backwards as down under
[/end]

P I'm groping for a witty comeback here but...you've trumped me 'thul beings! Big Grin

RE: Favorite tv shows - 'thul - Dec-18-2011

*grins*

It be most logical that you wont switch now given those reasons.

oh, and is it normal to measure the weight of a stone bridge arc in kilotons? 'thul are sketching a semi-small city and the bridge they are building across a channel into a central bay has that much granite in it when it is not even half-done.

RE: Favorite tv shows - Farseer - Dec-19-2011

I'd answer that but it's likely that my response would be as backward, and as upside down, as the country in which I reside... P

RE: Favorite tv shows - 'thul - Dec-19-2011

*chuckles*

These beings are pretty sure that the christmas break coming soon will mean a serious lack of TV shows to watch, as many appear to have mid-season breaks then.

RE: Favorite tv shows - Farseer - Dec-19-2011

I thought Alias always had the most incredible cliff hangers at each season's end. I would cry out and sit there stunned Blink for many minutes after the closing credits, and then the agony would set in when I realised I was also going to have to withstand the long, long wait! Ouch

RE: Favorite tv shows - joost - Dec-20-2011

I'm currently rewatching the original US version of Beauty and the geek, and compared to the Australian version, it's just terribly disappointing.

Example:
In the US version, after winning a challenge, the emphasis is put on the power to send someone to elimination. In the Aussie version, the emphasis is put on immunity, with the added disadvantage of having to send someone to elimination.

Also, the people are just so more likeable in the Aus version.

Currently, I'm watching Full metal alchemist: brotherhood, an anime series. So far 4 (out of 64) episodes watched, and it's quite nice, although I'm not 100% convinced by the animation.

I missed 'How I met your mother season 6' in my previous list of recently watched shows. I fear the show is losing its momentum. Compared to previous seasons, I had a lot more 'meh, next episode' moments. Perhaps the concept is nearing its end, and they should start wrapping it up.

(PS: Just when I'm typing this, the radio is playing ''I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)', a song that's featured in 2 HIMYM episodes).

RE: Favorite tv shows - Farseer - Dec-21-2011

(Dec-20-2011, 09:55 AM (UTC))joost Wrote: (PS: Just when I'm typing this, the radio is playing ''I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)', a song that's featured in 2 HIMYM episodes).

Nooooooo, joost! As much as I love it (a #1 hit here in Australia back when it was released), that is one of those songs that takes weeks for me to be rid of once it's in my head...!

RE: Favorite tv shows - joost - Dec-21-2011

(Dec-21-2011, 06:52 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote:
(Dec-20-2011, 09:55 AM (UTC))joost Wrote: (PS: Just when I'm typing this, the radio is playing ''I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)', a song that's featured in 2 HIMYM episodes).
Nooooooo, joost! As much as I live it (a #1 hit here in Australia back when it was released), that is one of those songs that takes weeks for me to be rid of once it's in my head...!
MUWAHAHAHAHA! (evil laugh of evil).

I didn't know the song until HIMYM by the way.

RE: Favorite tv shows - Farseer - Dec-30-2011

(Dec-18-2011, 02:09 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote:
(Dec-17-2011, 01:45 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: And you really should watch Buffy and Angel. They are, for me, the best that TV ever had to offer.
Just for you, joost...I will. If I can watch Priscilla for you, well... P

Done! Watched episodes one to four of the first season and, blow me down with an emu feather, I must say that I will be watching some more! P It reminds me of Power Rangers somewhat...even the theme music.

Willow and Giles are my favourite characters thus far...thanks joost! Smiling

RE: Favorite tv shows - Albertosaurus Rex - Dec-30-2011

Power Rangers? That's interesting, I never made that connection myself, despite being a huge fan of that show back when I was in school.