thePlenty.net Forums
Favorite tv shows - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Favorite tv shows (/thread-232.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Favorite tv shows - joost - Dec-30-2011

Excellent! Welcome to the Buffyverse, enjoy your stay Smiling.

RE: Favorite tv shows - Albertosaurus Rex - Jan-08-2012

I'll second that. I do love the Buffyverse, and speaking of series by Joss Whedon, I'm currently in the midst of watching Dollhouse, which I like quite a lot. It's not as good as Buffy or Angel, but it's certainly miles better than Firefly.

By the way, did I mention how much I love My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic these days? Probably only a million times so far, but it bears repeating. The Christmas episode "Hearth's Warming Eve" managed to be sugary sweet and awesome at the same time, but yesterday's "Family Appreciation Day" fell a bit flat for me. Next week should remedy that with a Pinkie Pie episode. I mean, it's Pinkie Pie, how can it not be hilarious?

Interestingly, there is also a Valentine's Day episode coming up. I remember former showrunner Lauren Faust stating empathically that the main cast would not get into romantic entanglements, so how that works with a Valentine's Day episode is beyond me. This is going to be either the funniest episode ever, or the worst episode ever.

RE: Favorite tv shows - joost - Jan-08-2012

(Jan-08-2012, 02:44 PM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote: I'll second that. I do love the Buffyverse, and speaking of series by Joss Whedon, I'm currently in the midst of watching Dollhouse, which I like quite a lot. It's not as good as Buffy or Angel, but it's certainly miles better than Firefly.
Blink Firefly is brilliant! I liked the Dollhouse, but from the Whedon series it's the least good. Kinda like the Gernia series: Lots better than most of everything else, but in the Hobb-world they're the least interesting.

RE: Favorite tv shows - 'thul - Jan-08-2012

Firefly is indeed quite the funny show. Too bad it got cancelled.

These beings will now pick back up a few shows that are off mid-season break. Those shows are:
The Vampire Diaries
Star Wars: Clone Wars

Other shows on the current watch list:
Terra Nova
Sanctuary

RE: Favorite tv shows - Albertosaurus Rex - Jan-08-2012

Joost, I agree fully with your assessment of The Soldier Son, but I can't agree on Firefly. I remember watching it and being bored to tears. However, I was younger back then. Maybe I should give it a second try; perhaps with age I'll appreciate it more. But somehow, I doubt it.

RE: Favorite tv shows - 'thul - Jan-19-2012

hmm... How would you go about moving a piano one story down, as quickly as possible?

RE: Favorite tv shows - 'thul - Jan-20-2012

ok, continuation of the previous post:

Ever considered precision-cutting high-explosives?

Here's a clip showing it:
http://www.nrk.no/nett-tv/indeks/294008/

Unfortunately for you, its not in english, but in Norwegian...

The clip is part of a norwegian show where they test things at home that is not safe for regular persons to do. Quite often things involving explosives.

RE: Favorite tv shows - joost - Jan-23-2012

I'm almost finished with Full metal alchemist: Brotherhood. It started a bit slow, but after a few episodes I got dragged into the story, and I really like it. Artwork is a bit so-so though.

Next on the TV schedule: Cowboy bebop. I've heard so many good stories about this anime that it's probably going to be a disappointment, but I'm still looking forward to watching this.

Finally found a European release of Dance academy season 1. I love ballet, and enjoyed watching this show on TV.

RE: Favorite tv shows - Albertosaurus Rex - Feb-02-2012

I tried watching Cowboy Bebop last year and quit after about five episodes. Nothing really wrong with it, but it just left me completely cold.

I've finished Dollhouse by now. I enjoyed it quite a lot, but there's this nagging feeling that the whole is actually less than the sum of its parts. Many episodes were genuinely thought-provoking, but the overarching storyline is a confused mess.

I've also bought a box set of Avatar: The Last Airbender. I've always felt vaguely guilty about watching the series on the internet. I usually don't do piracy, unless there's no other way. (Like Gargoyles, which I watched last summer, which has only a region 1 DVD release... of the first half of the series.) The rest of the family is a bit weirded out at me buying a whole box of cartoons for myself, but here's the good part: I managed to convince everyone to watch along with me.

Finally there's My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, that other kids' show that I watch religiously. I'm really looking forward to the forthcoming episode, in which Rainbow Dash discovers the joys of reading... but even more to the episode after that - a Valentine's Day episode! I wondered how that was going to work, since the main characters wouldn't get into romantic entanglements. The solution? Pair up two minor characters! Some preview screenshots have been released, but the last one makes me wonder: Big Macintosh and Cheerilee on a huge mattress in a hole in the ground? Cheerliee wearing a wedding veil? It's as if they're trying to encourage dirty thoughts...

RE: Favorite tv shows - joost - Feb-02-2012

I'm at episode 21 of Cowboy bebop. It started a bit slow but has grown on me. Ed is one irritating character though.