thePlenty.net Forums
Favorite tv shows - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Favorite tv shows (/thread-232.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Favorite tv shows - joost - Feb-06-2012

Finished Bebop. Looking back, it was just a nice show, but not a brilliant one.

Now I'm watching season 1 of Dance academy. It's supposed to be a children's show but who cares? I love it. And I finally found out where I had seen Miss Raine before: It's the same actress that played Fran in Strictly ballroom, one of my favourite dance movies.

After I finish DA, I'm gonna watch Steins;gate, an anime-series. Read some very good reviews on that one, so I'm looking forward to it. It was compared to Serial experiments Lain and Ghost in the shell, which both are in my top-5 of best anime I've ever seen.

RE: Favorite tv shows - Farseer - Feb-06-2012

(Dec-30-2011, 12:50 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: Excellent! Welcome to the Buffyverse, enjoy your stay Smiling.

It's been a while but the second disc of Season (EDIT: not Episode!) One is on its way to my mailbag. Clapping Our family subscribes to a DVD rental service where we pick our movies online, they come in one mailbag and we return them in the next one (we only get mail twice a week here). Of course, my daughter gets to pick so they are usually animations I've already seen a gazillion times! P

I have to say though, that she chose the Buffy disc and is way more excited about it than I am. I'm excited, but she can hardly contain herself. She just loved the first couple of episodes! Big Grin

@ joost: I am utterly ashamed to say that I have never seen Strictly Ballroom. Ashamed, so ashamed, because I am an Aussie and I have not yet seen that Aussie classic even after all of these years. Whistling I've always wanted/meant to watch it but just have never got there. In 2012 I will rectify that as I must say that I'm a bit of a fan of Paul Mercurio. Dance

RE: Favorite tv shows - Albertosaurus Rex - Feb-11-2012

The episode of FiM that's airing today ("Hearts and Hooves Day") has been leaked earlier this week, so I've already seen it. I predicted that it would either be the best episode ever or the worst episode ever. So which was it?

Well, it wasn't the best episode ever. But it was very good, one of the best of the second season. And in two weeks we're finally going to get a Fluttershy-centric episode again.

RE: Favorite tv shows - Farseer - Feb-14-2012

I watched the first episode of Revenge last night (well, one eye was watching the telly while the other was watching the clothes I was folding and the school lessons I was going through). I think it's going to be my new favourite TV show and I know that simply because I just didn't want to have to wait until next week to see more.

Revenge...yep, that's my kind of show! Big Grin

Off to mow the lawn but I will be back to chat with you re a location in the Rain Wilds soon, 'thul!

RE: Favorite tv shows - Farseer - May-09-2012

Er, I have no idea now what that last sentence was about Undecided but, as for Revenge, I am still loving it as I reach the end of its first season...I think there is but one episode to go! Clapping Yay I am utterly annoyed that it's being put off for a fortnight though...the last time Channel Seven did that it was for NO GOOD REASON...!!! Mad No special event or anything!!! Rant

I am, however, very much looking forward to seeing the upcoming series Once Upon a Time that has already aired in the US (and possibly everywhere else but here!). Anyone here seen it? No spoilers please! Slurp

RE: Favorite tv shows - fool-ish - May-09-2012

(May-09-2012, 01:30 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Er, I have no idea now what that last sentence was about Undecided but, as for Revenge, I am still loving it as I reach the end of its first season...I think there is but one episode to go! Clapping Yay I am utterly annoyed that it's being put off for a fortnight though...the last time Channel Seven did that it was for NO GOOD REASON...!!! Mad No special event or anything!!! Rant

I am, however, very much looking forward to seeing the upcoming series Once Upon a Time that has already aired in the US (and possibly everywhere else but here!). Anyone here seen it? No spoilers please! Slurp
I tried to watch Once Upon a Time, didn't get further than the first episode. There was something about it that was just not right, can't put my finger on it really, but there was an awful lot of chopping and swapping about between 'real life' and the 'fantasy' bits, which got on my wick. I didn't rate it, but that doesn't mean to say you won't like it...different strokes for different folks! Smiling

RE: Favorite tv shows - joost - May-10-2012

I already thought that the title 'Once upon a time' was familiar... it is somewhat connected to the (excellent!) graphics novel series Fables, which I love.

I'm currently waiting for S2 of Dance academy (which is being broadcast in Australia at the moment), and I've recently watched:
- Love hina: Anime series about a guy who wants to enter Tokyo university based on a promise he made 15 years earlier. He ends up as manager of an all-girls dorm. Very funny, from time to time touching, but overall really silly and over the top.
- Terminator: The Sarah Connor chronicles: Currently rewatching this. Despite the obvious flaws (plot holes that are big enough to drive a complete Death Star through) it is amusing nonetheless, and worth my time.
- Highschool of the dead: Zombie-anime with a (too) big fixation on big breasts. Between the bouncing boobs there is actually a nice zombiestory, but the half-finished plotlines and the over(ab)use of fanservice made it a bit disappointing.
- Honey and clover: Anime series about some art school students and their search for happiness and their place in the world. The main story was very good, but viewing pleasure was diminished by the artwork, which was too 'light' for the themes.

RE: Favorite tv shows - Valarya - May-10-2012

I recently found out that one of my favorite anime series (Nodame Cantibile) was made in to a live-action series and round of films out of Japan. I have spent the past week watching all of them and falling in love with the characters all over again. It was slightly different than the anime-version but not by much.. and, in a way, much more charming. Blushing

Chiaki-senpai Wub

RE: Favorite tv shows - redchild - May-14-2012

Started watching Legend of Korra last week and caught up already. I kind of miss the exploration and adventure that was prevalent in The Last Airbender but I'm also liking the different spin on the new series.

RE: Favorite tv shows - Farseer - May-14-2012

(May-09-2012, 10:30 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: I didn't rate it, but that doesn't mean to say you won't like it...different strokes for different folks! Smiling

I'll let you know! Wink