thePlenty.net Forums
Favorite tv shows - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Favorite tv shows (/thread-232.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Favorite tv shows - 'thul - May-14-2012

hmm... this could belong both here and in the sanguivorous thread, but these beings stuck it here...

'thul just (literally just) watched the third season finale on Vampire Diaries, and it certainly made them eager to see more later... and it certainly also surprised them. The plot there is slowly going more and more convoluted...Too bad the wait is so long...

RE: Favorite tv shows - Farseer - May-15-2012

(May-14-2012, 09:25 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote:
(May-09-2012, 10:30 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: I didn't rate it, but that doesn't mean to say you won't like it...different strokes for different folks! Smiling
I'll let you know! Wink

Just watched the first episode and, yep, I'll be lining up for it again next week. P

RE: Favorite tv shows - joost - May-15-2012

(May-10-2012, 03:11 PM (UTC))Valarya Wrote: Nodame Cantabile
I've only heard about this anime, still need to check it out. Description sounds pretty cool though

RE: Favorite tv shows - KekPafrany - May-15-2012

I watch nowdays House M.D., Bones, and the The River

I'm happy to see here mentioned the Carnivàle, it is a shame that it never got finished. It has a great atmosphere.

I liked the Fast forward, Warehouse 13, Buffy series, Babylon 5.

If animations count, I liked the Silverwing series, or the Watership down (I have read them as books too).

I watch animes, mostly from the fantasy genre. F.e. Kaiba (it's a mad, dystropic world), Kino no tabi (it a non typical fantasy) or the 100 stories (horror fantasy). I like Trigun, I dare to suggest it to anyone (post-apocaliptic scifi). If you want something sometimes crazy sometimes dramatic, then choose the Samurai Champloo.

I love the Twelwe kingdoms (Juuni Kokuki), it is a strange fantasy world, but my all time favourite is the Mushi-shi.

From the Cowboy Bebop

RE: Favorite tv shows - Valarya - May-15-2012

(May-15-2012, 01:32 PM (UTC))KekPafrany Wrote: I like Trigun, I dare to suggest it to anyone (post-apocaliptic scifi).

The words "post-apocalyptic sci-fi" are an easy hook for me!! P I love anything cyberpunk or near-futuristic or all-out sci-fi. One of my favorite genres though I haven't read or watched nearly enough in it. Down I'm currently going through the JRPG Xenogears again. Wub That story... those mechs... same animators (for the cut scenes) as Evangelion and OH OH THE MUSIC!! Thankful

Either way, thanks for the recommendation. Flowers I'll have to check this one out.

(May-15-2012, 01:32 PM (UTC))KekPafrany Wrote: Samurai Champloo

This is one of my favs. Proud

RE: Favorite tv shows - joost - May-15-2012

If you like NGE, you should watch RahXephon. (Almost) same story, much better animation. And in case you haven't seen it yet: All Ghost in the shell stuff is awesome.

If you're into plain weird mindf***s:
- Paprika
- Serial experiments Lain
- Steins;gate (still haven't watched this one yet, it's on my HD but I have tons of other stuff to watch first, and I really don't like watching things on my computer screen)

RE: Favorite tv shows - KekPafrany - May-16-2012

(May-15-2012, 05:00 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: If you like NGE, you should watch RahXephon. (Almost) same story, much better animation. And in case you haven't seen it yet: All Ghost in the shell stuff is awesome

The Ghost in the shell is great story, I liked the Stand alone complex part too Smiling
I didn't like the NGE.

I saw the Paprika and the Lain.. Thanks for the tipp, I will get the Steins;gate, I am curious Smiling

The most weirdes anime I have ever seen is the FLCL, it makes no sense at all Smiling

A strange and kind fantasy came to my mind: Haibane Renmei. It is very emotional and mysterious. I have seen it more times.

RE: Favorite tv shows - joost - May-16-2012

(May-16-2012, 10:15 AM (UTC))KekPafrany Wrote: A strange and kind fantasy came to my mind: Haibane Renmei. It is very emotional and mysterious. I have seen it more times.
Haibane Renmei is one of my alltime favourites. Did you know that it's from the same writer as Lain (Yoshitoshi ABe)?

I used to have a HR desktop background on my computer...

As for sci-fi anime: I can recommend 'Planetes'. It's about a group of thrash cleaners in space, and it's one of the most funny, touching and human anime I've ever encountered.

(For my complete watched anime list: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ildjarn-is-dead)

RE: Favorite tv shows - Farseer - May-23-2012

As well as Revenge and Once Upon a Time, I am also enjoying watching Missing at the moment. A spy/agent-ish show, which I don't usually like, I think the drawcard for me is knowing what lengths I'd go to to save my own children and the presence of Sean Bean in the cast. Smiling

I think it's about the most number of TV shows I've ever watched in the same week...and I am feeling a teensy bit like a couch potato! P

RE: Favorite tv shows - 'thul - May-23-2012

These beings rather enjoyed watching the vampire diaries, even if it technically is aimed at different audience than them...