thePlenty.net Forums
Favorite tv shows - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Favorite tv shows (/thread-232.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Favorite tv shows - Nuytsia - Jan-13-2011

(Jan-12-2011, 03:24 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: No, I didn't see that/know about it! A remake? NO WAY! Anything other than the original would be insulting to King Monkey!! I have the DVDs anyhow (yes, I'm being fair dinkum, I went out and bought the DVD sets Blushing) and the kids love them! Now I'm never going to get to sleep with the theme song playing in my head...thanks!!!!! The music made the show...

Hehehe it was actually quite faithful to the original. The flavour of it was pretty spot on.
Although Tripitaka at no point screamed 'NO VIOLENCE', which was a bit of a disappointment. But 'he' did of course strongly suggest against violence BUT then was very grateful that Monkey saved his arse using lots of violence. If THAT hadn't happened I would have been very cross.
Yes I agree about the music being integral to the show! I have several different remixes of the theme song of course!
My boyfriend said he showed the show to his nephew when he went on a trip home and he loved it too! Something for all generations!
OOOH you have the DVDs!!! With the previously undubbed episodes??????? I saw them and wanted to get for myself for Xmas but haven't got them yet.

(Jan-12-2011, 03:24 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote:
(Jan-12-2011, 07:08 AM (UTC))Nuytsia Wrote: Hey is that the show they did a parody of on .... The Late Show.
Didn't ever see that either. Just found the year that Rush was originally made...1974...I wasn't even a year old by then so obviously the shows I saw were ABC re-runs on MUCH later! P I think I was a little in love with John Waters at the time, from lots of Playschool viewing!! He was my favourite presenter, and I can even remember him dressing up in a soldier's top hat and prancing around to the "Soldier, soldier, won't you marry me" song with Noni Hazelhurst! Scary...that I liked it AND that I remember it!!!

YOU HAVENT SEEN THE OLDEN DAYS! NO WAY!
ok you must check it out immediately. I am not sure if having actually seen the original Rush is a help or a hindrance. I haven't seen it (to my conscious recollection anyhoo)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg-ti_Nm-f0

Well you may wonder what the heck I am on about, but I think it's hilarious. Bearing in mind when I saw it (early 90's??) there weren't billions of YouTube parodies of everything ......

RE: Favorite tv shows - Nuytsia - Jan-19-2011

I really liked:

Carnivale http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carniv%C3%A0le
which was NEVER FINISHED gah!

Why do crap shows go on and on seemingly for ever! (I guess they are cheap to make)

RE: Favorite tv shows - 'thul - Jan-19-2011

Perchance because people are simple-minded and cannot separate the good from the bad? (those working in television companies especially)

RE: Favorite tv shows - Albertosaurus Rex - Jan-19-2011

Funny that you mention Carnivale. I just read an article about in SFX magazine, in the "rewind" section. (A monthly feature on older television shows.) It sounded quite interesting.

Only two more episodes of Heroes to go. What has happened in season 4 so far? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. You could squeeze all of it in two or three episodes and it would be the better for it. What a dismal end to a show that started out so great.

RE: Favorite tv shows - Albertosaurus Rex - Jan-20-2011

All right, I watched the final two episodes of Heroes yesterday.

RE: Favorite tv shows - Farseer - Jan-20-2011

I have to agree AR.

I got really sucked into the plot in the very beginning and then it went downhill after the first season, I thought. Not so much a "crap show" going on and on and on, in this case, but a good show with a worsening of the plot the longer it's left to be aired...no doubt milking it for as much $$ as possible. Far better for it to be a consistently interesting, though shorter version of the series (a bit like an extended book series that grabs you and keeps you the whole way through rather than grabs you at the outset and then sets you adrift midway).

As for the points your rant refers to, yes, it was a bit of a Uhhuh Blink Rant kind of revelation for me too. Big Grin
PS I'm liking your new pic, Nuytsia. Clapping I have to admit the other one used to me creep me out a fraction (though this probably wouldn't have happened if I'd ever seen the show that he'd acted in)! P

RE: Favorite tv shows - Albertosaurus Rex - Jan-21-2011

If it's any consolation, season one still kind of stands on its own. But still. Few shows have plummeted from such heights to such dismal depths. Gaaaah.

RE: Favorite tv shows - Nuytsia - Jan-22-2011

Heh you've more stamina than me to keep watching Heroes! I only watched the early episodes....it certainly went very silly after a while...

Hmmm interesting Farseer! In what way did my old avatar creep you out?
I'm not 100% sure what new pic you saw, as I have been having some problems changing it (creepy Murray wouldn't leave!!!) so you may have seen one of a few test pics I was using.

RE: Favorite tv shows - Farseer - Jan-22-2011

I can't explain...he was just a bit..."creepy"!

Ah, the pic I was referring to was the one of the penguin sipping a popper (looked like maybe one of the characters from Madagascar?). I also like this new Fool one though...

RE: Favorite tv shows - joost - Jan-22-2011

It was Tux, the Linux penguin, sucking on a Microsoft juice package. The original has the text 'We suck more!' above it, I think.