thePlenty.net Forums
Favorite tv shows - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Favorite tv shows (/thread-232.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Favorite tv shows - Nuytsia - Jan-22-2011

Heheh fair enough, he's not creepy in the show (or is he? well not to me)
Oh yep the linux penguin avatar is in the forum avatar gallery and i was using it as a test (the Murray pic was haunting me and refused to be deleted!)
I couldnt read what it said on the juice box, but the pic title was 'suckxp' .... a sentiment I can relate to (or xp sucks)

RE: Favorite tv shows - 'thul - Jan-22-2011

for some reason these beings (intentionally?) mix up that linux penguin and the penguin "pingu"...

RE: Favorite tv shows - Farseer - Jan-23-2011

I'm up with it now, thanks joost! Funnily enough, Tux apparently did a cameo appearance on the 'Penguins of Madagascar' TV cartoon. A clever name for a penguin character by the way! Smiling

Speaking of Pingu, I must admit that I'm a fan and often stop to see what he's up to when my daughter's watching telly in the afternoons.

RE: Favorite tv shows - joost - Feb-20-2011

I just finished Heroes S4. And although I can relate a bit to AR's complaints, I actually liked this season more than S3. S2 suffered a lot from the writer's strike, so it's a bit hard to judge its quality, because the end is really rushed (they actually had shot parts of episodes that were never aired due to the strike, and had to rewrite the ending, so it does feel rushed).

So, to summarize Heroes from my point of view: Very good first season, after that a pretty good S2 with a bad ending, a mediocre S3, and a slightly above mediocre S4.

RE: Favorite tv shows - redchild - Feb-26-2011

I've started watching Daria lately. Great show; very smart, very funny.

RE: Favorite tv shows - Farseer - Feb-26-2011

If it's the same show I'm thinking of (cartoon featuring a rather...ah...not sure how to describe her...dry?...teenage girl named Daria), it is on here a LOT! I've caught fleeting glimpses of a few episodes over the years. Smiling

RE: Favorite tv shows - joost - Feb-26-2011

Isn't she from Beavis & Butthead?

RE: Favorite tv shows - redchild - Feb-27-2011

^The show used to play on MTV, but it's a completely different show from Beavis. From what I've heard Daria showed up as a character in B&B but ended up getting a show centered around her.

@ Farseer: Hah, yeah she is pretty dry P And I consider the fact that it's prominently aired on tv to be a very good thing.

Here's a clip of some great one-liners:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI4YaLJKFw4

RE: Favorite tv shows - Farseer - Feb-27-2011

Loved it, especially the last segment Big Grin ...I make reference to 'The Emperor's New Clothes' all the time so I was surprised to hear Daria use it as well!

RE: Favorite tv shows - Albertosaurus Rex - Feb-28-2011

(Feb-20-2011, 09:07 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: I just finished Heroes S4. And although I can relate a bit to AR's complaints, I actually liked this season more than S3. S2 suffered a lot from the writer's strike, so it's a bit hard to judge its quality, because the end is really rushed (they actually had shot parts of episodes that were never aired due to the strike, and had to rewrite the ending, so it does feel rushed).

So, to summarize Heroes from my point of view: Very good first season, after that a pretty good S2 with a bad ending, a mediocre S3, and a slightly above mediocre S4.

You like S4 more than S3? Errr.... in my opinion pretty much anything is better than the fourth season of Heroes, but to each his own, I guess. In my opinion:

S1: Excellent. Simply brilliant.
S2: Okay, but as you said, the writers strike makes it hard to judge fairly.
S3: Pretty stupid, but at least there's plenty of stuff happening.
S4: Dull, boring and stupid.

EDIT: I seem to use the word "stupid" a lot recently. That being said, Keith Baker's books are even more stupid.