thePlenty.net Forums
Favorite tv shows - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Favorite tv shows (/thread-232.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Favorite tv shows - 'thul - Aug-31-2011

which storyline do you refer to?
Was it Kali? (highlight to read)

RE: Favorite tv shows - Nuytsia - Sep-06-2011

Yes, and I can't remember the exact words now, but some of the things Dr Magnus was saying about the balance of nature reminded me of the whole issue of 'what would happen if we DID have dragons' that was discussed somewhere on these forums (and doubtless elsewhere!)

RE: Favorite tv shows - 'thul - Sep-06-2011

Yes, a few of the points about abnormals in sanctuary can be taken and used on dragons in RotE.

RE: Favorite tv shows - joost - Sep-07-2011

I watched Ghost in the shell Stand alone complex 2nd gig. GitS is a cyberpunk/mecha anime about cyberised bodies and a special combat unit that works for the Japanese government. I really like the movies, but this was even better. There was a bigger focus on the relations between the unit members, and those are the stories that I really like.

Currently watching Asatte no houkou (Living for the day after tomorrow). Two girls (one about 25, one about 12) meet. The young girl is the sister of the older girl's ex. The young girl wants to become an adult (for reasons later explained in the anime), the older girl regrets a lot of her childhood and wishes she could redo things. Magically, they both get what they wish for. It's a theme that has been done probably hundreds of times, but it's done in the right way in this anime. The pace is slow but not too slow, there's enough time for character development and a little humour from time to time (but fortunately not the slapstick kind of humour).

RE: Favorite tv shows - Albertosaurus Rex - Sep-07-2011

I just finished the entire run of Gargoyles. The first two seasons were good, with the exception of the "world tour" arc, but the third season was shit. Such a pity...

RE: Favorite tv shows - joost - Sep-08-2011

And finished Asatte no houkou. I loved it! Although the ending is a bit strange...

Now I'm watching Sherlock hound, a TV series written by Hayao Miyazaki (Studio Ghibli). Only seen one episode, so I can't really judge its qualities yet, but episode 1 was a bit of a let-down. Visually it was wonderful, but the story was really really thin. Hopefully the next episodes are better.

RE: Favorite tv shows - Nuytsia - Sep-15-2011

I love the Louis Theroux documentaries..... they're showing some on TV here now that I haven't seen before.
People are WEIRD!
But we knew that.........

RE: Favorite tv shows - Albertosaurus Rex - Sep-19-2011

I have now seen the first two seasons of Fringe. The show has really grown on me, it's a definitely a "good" now. The season 3 boxset is coming out later this month. Thundercats is on a six week hiatus, just when I was really getting into it. But who cares, because My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is back with all new episodes! Dear people, I know it's a show for little girls, but I don't care because it's really, really, really good!

RE: Favorite tv shows - Apricots - Sep-19-2011

I'm currently watching;

Downton Abbey which started again last night. It's a gorgeous period series that I just love!

Doctor Who, of course - a British staple

And of course Glee, indulging my musical-theatre geek side.

RE: Favorite tv shows - 'thul - Sep-19-2011

These beings are currently watching two shows, since any others they watch have seasonal breaks.

The Vampire diaries.

Star Wars - The Clone wars.