thePlenty.net Forums
Admins and moderators - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Site and forum (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Welcome! Read these first, please. (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Admins and moderators (/thread-237.html)

Admins and moderators - Mervi - Jan-10-2011

I've been the only administrator and moderator of this forum since the beginning, and even though we're not exactly high-traffic or infested with problematic users (thank you everyone for playing so nicely! Smiling) I've often thought that a moderator or two could be a good thing to have for those days when I'm too busy to visit. An unexpected real life situation has now limited my "hanging around online" time considerably, hence I've asked Farseer to join the ranks & she has agreed. Please welcome our very first forum moderator, Farseer! Grouphug

The moderator status means having the control of tools such as
- editing, deleting, splitting, merging and moving topics and posts
- editing calendar events and forum announcements
- warning, editing and banning users

So from now on, when you report a message as spam or start a new thread in the off-topic room, chances are that Farseer notices it before me and acts on it. You can also ask her to move or delete something or ask for help. Private messages are usually the best way to do that, as such requests tend to get lost in normal forum conversations. The things that only an admin (= me) can do are opening new rooms, fixing the layout, upgrading the forum script etc. The sort of stuff that usually doesn't require quick response. We're also living in completely different time zones, so even when things in my life return to a more normal state, this means we'll be covering more forum activity time zone-wise. If everything works well, I might consider adding another mod to the team from either American continent so we can theoretically cover the whole globe. KnightKnightKnight

RE: Admins and moderators - Liquid Ice - Jan-11-2011

Cool, gratz Farseer for the promotion P

RE: Admins and moderators - Nuytsia - Jan-11-2011

Oh oh now we're gonna have to be on best behaviour! Angel

RE: Admins and moderators - Farseer - Jan-11-2011

(Jan-11-2011, 11:12 AM (UTC))Liquid Ice Wrote: promotion P

Blushing Let's rather call it what it really is, Liquid Ice...Mervi channeling my addiction - I am on here so much, I may as well be put to work! P

I am honoured to be able to serve Mervi as King's Man (Queen's Woman Uhhuh ?) in this hour of need but, like Fitz when he first served Verity, I may not yet fully understand what I have agreed to...! Big Grin

RE: Admins and moderators - Albertosaurus Rex - Jan-13-2011

Hey Farseer, congratulations!

RE: Admins and moderators - Mervi - Jan-13-2011

(Jan-11-2011, 09:17 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Blushing Let's rather call it what it really is, Liquid Ice...Mervi channeling my addiction - I am on here so much, I may as well be put to work! P

Har har... I actually checked on your profile that you've spent MORE time in here than I (and considering I've done quite a lot of testing and fixing the layout ect in the beginning when there were basically no other users that's quite impressive! Smiling)

(Jan-11-2011, 09:17 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: I am honoured to be able to serve Mervi as King's Man (Queen's Woman Uhhuh ?) in this hour of need but, like Fitz when he first served Verity, I may not yet fully understand what I have agreed to...! Big Grin

Does this mean the gender confusion is still out there? Proud Stirring

RE: Admins and moderators - Maulkin's Tangle - Jan-14-2011

Congratulations Farseer!

RE: Admins and moderators - Nuytsia - Jan-14-2011

(Jan-13-2011, 05:04 PM (UTC))Mervi Wrote:
(Jan-11-2011, 09:17 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Blushing Let's rather call it what it really is, Liquid Ice...Mervi channeling my addiction - I am on here so much, I may as well be put to work! P
Har har... I actually checked on your profile that you've spent MORE time in here than I (and considering I've done quite a lot of testing and fixing the layout ect in the beginning when there were basically no other users that's quite impressive! Smiling)
I WAS going to say how I was OUTRAGED to come back here and find my post count eclipsed by Farseer Rant....... but I just checked then and I'm already back to most posts! (with the least content? hehehe)
Oh my!!

And the best news is: seeing as Farseer has the status 'Moderator' I'm the only 'Beloved' Proud

(Jan-13-2011, 05:04 PM (UTC))Mervi Wrote:
(Jan-11-2011, 09:17 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: I am honoured to be able to serve Mervi as King's Man (Queen's Woman Uhhuh ?) in this hour of need but, like Fitz when he first served Verity, I may not yet fully understand what I have agreed to...! Big Grin
Does this mean the gender confusion is still out there? Proud Stirring

BRING ON THE GENDER CONFUSION!

RE: Admins and moderators - Farseer - Feb-05-2012

Congrats to joost who has just joined our 'mod team' as the moderator of our new Dutch sub forum! Clapping

As mentioned earlier by Mervi with regard to my own mod duties, joost's moderator status means that he will have the control of tools such as

- editing, deleting, splitting, merging and moving topics and posts
- warning, editing and banning users

within the Dutch sub forum.

So from now on, when you report a message within the Dutch sub forum, it is likely that joost will notice and act on it first. You can also ask him to move or delete something or ask for help within the sub forum. As stated previously, private messages are usually the best way to do that, as such requests tend to get lost in normal forum conversations...not such a problem in the sub forum at the moment but such a problem would definitely increase in line with increased conversation.

@ joost: Possibly you could explain your role within the thread itself (in Dutch) for the benefit of those Dutch fans who will visit joost? Up to you though. Smiling