thePlenty.net Forums
RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) (/thread-244.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Paragon-Athena - Mar-09-2011

Does nightchade have to make a new quote? Or can anyone?

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Mar-09-2011

anyone can, but there are still a few unsolved ones as well...

6 Wrote:You drowned in memories

11 Wrote:"You see, you anger the gods with your demands on me! Do as I tell you, or they will make the whole hill fall on you."

12 Wrote:"Your face is bruised. And scratched.

13 Wrote:“Do you know the way back to the dragon chamber?”

14 Wrote:"For you have handed me the final piece of a puzzle."

16 Wrote:I doubt she will be a willing student."

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Paragon-Athena - Mar-10-2011

This one could possibly be from The Mad Ship when Reyn is explaining what happens to people who listen to dragons too much - like his father... I'm not sure.

11 Wrote:"You see, you anger the gods with your demands on me! Do as I tell you, or they will make the whole hill fall on you."
Possibly when Tintaglia is being angry with Malta for trying to bargain with her for her true name while she's still in her cocoon. (The Mad Ship)

This one is possibly from Golden Fool, where Civil's cat has been frantic with worry when he is nearly strangled by Laudwin's men and Fitz is commenting on his scratches?

In The Mad Ship when Malta and the Satrap are seemingly "stranded" at the boathouse?

That sounds like something Amber would say. I'll venture that it's when she's talking to Paragon about dragons and he inadvertently lets slip that he knows more than he lets on. Either Mad Ship or Ship of Destiny.

[/quote]
In The Golden Fool when Chade and Fitz are discussing possibly integrating Nettle into the coterie and teaching her the skill?

I'm probably completely wrong about all these... Big Grin

Anyway, I'll post a few of my own:

Quote: "Tomorrow owes you the sum of your yesterdays."

Quote:"I dreamed I was you."

Quote: "No one can give that much. No one."

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Mar-10-2011

(Mar-10-2011, 08:01 AM (UTC))Paragon-Athena Wrote:

This one could possibly be from The Mad Ship when Reyn is explaining what happens to people who listen to dragons too much - like his father... I'm not sure.
Nope... it is not that situation, though it is (obviously) somewhat related.

Possibly when Tintaglia is being angry with Malta for trying to bargain with her for her true name while she's still in her cocoon. (The Mad Ship)
That would be correct.

This one is possibly from Golden Fool, where Civil's cat has been frantic with worry when he is nearly strangled by Laudwin's men and Fitz is commenting on his scratches?
Not correct, sorry, but good guess.

In The Mad Ship when Malta and the Satrap are seemingly "stranded" at the boathouse?
Nope.

That sounds like something Amber would say. I'll venture that it's when she's talking to Paragon about dragons and he inadvertently lets slip that he knows more than he lets on. Either Mad Ship or Ship of Destiny.
It is not Amber, no.

In The Golden Fool when Chade and Fitz are discussing possibly integrating Nettle into the coterie and teaching her the skill?
That would also be incorrect.

Good to finally see some guesses...

(Mar-10-2011, 08:01 AM (UTC))Paragon-Athena Wrote: I'm probably completely wrong about all these... Big Grin

Anyway, I'll post a few of my own:

19 Wrote:"Tomorrow owes you the sum of your yesterdays."

20 Wrote:"I dreamed I was you."

21 Wrote:"No one can give that much. No one."
These beings are unsure what the quotes you provided, but #21 rings a bell...

Is it Fitz speaking to the fool about how much the fool truly cares about him?

is #20 the fool talking to fitz after that reincarnation thingy using the rooster crown?

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Paragon-Athena - Mar-10-2011

(Mar-10-2011, 09:51 AM (UTC))thul Wrote: These beings are unsure what the quotes you provided, but #21 rings a bell...

Is it Fitz speaking to the fool about how much the fool truly cares about him?

Yes he is, but I'd like you to be a little more specific, as it would appear Fitz has a few of these discussions.

is #20 the fool talking to fitz after that reincarnation thingy using the rooster crown?

Yes, that's correct. Well done.Big Grin

When you say it wasn't Amber who said this, does that mean it wasn't the Fool either? Considering they are both the same person. Or should I treat Amber's identity as being separate?

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Mar-10-2011

It was neither the fool nor amber nor any other incarnation of any white prophet in #14.

These beings feel that it would have to be around the end of tawny man, close to the same time as #20... (for 21)

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Paragon-Athena - Mar-11-2011

It's in Tawny man but not close to #20. It's around the middle.

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Nightchade - Mar-12-2011

(21) 'no one can give that much..' .I believe this is when the Fool/Lord Golden joins the coterie for a skill session near the beginning of Fools Fate. No one can sense him properly so he whips of his glove to increase the link through his skill silvered fingers. Fitz has a taste of what the Fool means by the 'no boundaries to my love' comment Wub and is somewhat overwhelmed by the experience! He's also scared the Fool will discover his secret and breaks the link. Its just after this that he says the quote. (yep read this bit quite a bit..but will have egg on face if I'm wrong!)Turned

(13)'dragon chamber' I'm thinking its Malta and Selden when they're together in the crumbling corridors under the Rain Wilds. Just before they free Tintaglia ?

(14) 'Final piece of puzzle' is killing me because I've seen it recently. Is it Chade...somewhere?

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Paragon-Athena - Mar-12-2011

Correct Nichtchade. Big Grin It is indeed when the Fool and Fitz share an "intimate" skill link... Well Done.

Is "final piece of the puzzle" from the Liveship Traders?

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Farseer - Mar-13-2011

(Mar-10-2011, 07:48 PM (UTC))Paragon-Athena Wrote:

My screen is all rather strange so having trouble following everything...

This one I am sure is Amber speaking prophetically to Malta aboard Paragon, just as he is about to set sail for the first time after his many years of being beached. The Vestrit family had boarded him during the farewell (on his way to assist Brashen and Althea retrieve the Vivacia from Kennit's clutches) and after this segment, which also included the fight between the dragons over Malta, Malta had 'feinted' and Amber's hand was mentioned as being ungloved (most likely Fool using his Skill-imbued hand to save Malta from the Skill River).

Great passage!

A few others jump out so will get to those soon... Smiling

Was this Fool speaking with Fitz at the beginning of TM, when Fool visited him in the hut?

Fitz was recalling what had taken place during the years they'd been away from each other, and had told Fool about how he'd protected him while on board a ship some years before after 'dreaming of him' (when he was 'Amber' but Fitz didn't know that). Back in LST, Fool, as Amber, hadn't known why Lavoy hadn't hit her while on board Paragon when he'd had the chance (she'd feinted as it was one of the Fool's changing times and Lavoy could have killed her but didn't), and this was because Fitz had Skill imprinted him into going and telling Brashen that Amber had feinted so that someone would help her. Fitz telling Fool this had explained why Lavoy had done what he'd done, and so it had been 'the final piece of the puzzle'? This is probably way off Big Grin but it's all I can think of!!

This is Fool talking to Fitz at the plaza, after he came to from his 'death'?

Sorry, finding it so hard to keep track of what's what with the text so I hope these haven't been answered already?

Am pretty sure this is Fitz talking about Nettle re and his teaching her to Skill.