thePlenty.net Forums
RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) (/thread-244.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Mar-16-2011

In the opinion of the beings known as 'thul, there is no way to 100% prove the gender of a certain white prophet without Robin Hobb releasing a statement about it, which is rather unlikely to happen. There is plenty of evidence towards both, so either is possible.

No problem about the slight wandering, Farseer...

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Farseer - Mar-16-2011

(Mar-15-2011, 10:36 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote:
(Mar-15-2011, 05:42 AM (UTC))Paragon-Athena Wrote: You were not even close for "Please, may we begin again", sorry Wink

Down Oh, no! I thought I was really on to something with the Sedric and Thymara idea. I'm staying away from this thread for a couple of days, I think, while I work through my thoughts (rather than post back-to-back, confusing guesses! Big Grin )

Even though I solved this quote earlier (Amber and Paragon in SOM), it was still making me a little nuts as I was fairly certain a similar exchange had taken place between Sedric and Thymara...

I went searching (it took a while!) and found that Sedric had this to say to Thymara after he'd acknowledged that they'd "got off to a bad start". It's on page 391 of my UK edition of Dragon Keeper:

Quote:Can we begin again, please?

Wow, it was close! Big Grin

Re: 'thul, I agree, and RH herself has said that she doesn't even know Fool's gender as that is information 'he' has never shared with her, if he ever will. P This being said, any evidence we provide either way may never be confirmed or denied anyway...it's most likely all just useless, though fun, speculation! Joker

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Mar-21-2011

Still four quotes to solve...

12 Wrote:"Your face is bruised. And scratched.
14 Wrote:"For you have handed me the final piece of a puzzle."
16 Wrote:"I doubt she will be a willing student."
22 Wrote:"I do not play with dolls."

These beings do have a theory on #22...

Could it be related to Kennit and Etta, about 51% into ship of magic?

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Mervi - Mar-21-2011

I think #14 is Chade talking to Fitz, but I can't for the life of me remember what the situation was except that it involves young Fitz reporting to him as usual.

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Mar-21-2011

Chade was not involved in #14.

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Farseer - Mar-21-2011

It is true that when you take a step back from something, and then look back at it again later, that things become a little clearer...

12 Wrote:"Your face is bruised. And scratched.

This is Molly talking to Fitz, either in her room or his, at Buckkeep. He's just come back from being in a hustle with Forged ones...I'm thinking that he took a lot of injuries from that confrontation. That would place it in RA.

Okay, Fitz' fog has taken over my mind again...time to take another step back! Big Grin

14 Wrote:"For you have handed me the final piece of a puzzle."
16 Wrote:"I doubt she will be a willing student."
22 Wrote:"I do not play with dolls."

EDIT: Here's a relatively simple one from me, in the meantime...
25 Wrote:"Down here."

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Mar-22-2011

You have seen far enough to spot that one, Farseer.

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Paragon-Athena - Mar-23-2011

'thul beings, you could possibly be on the right track... Tell me more.

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Mar-23-2011

perhaps that time in a certain whorehouse in that pirate town? Kennit speaking of etta, to the owner of that whorehouse...

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Paragon-Athena - Mar-25-2011

Getting there... but he wasn't speaking of Etta precisely...