thePlenty.net Forums
RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) (/thread-244.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Apr-02-2011

These beings wonder whether anyone here have theories on these quotes...

14 Wrote:For you have handed me the final piece of a puzzle.
16 Wrote:I doubt she will be a willing student.
25 Wrote:Down here.

Tese beings have a question about #25... Is it any specific setting? or is it part of a sentence, ending the quote?

They have noticed a few places with those words, but they cant decide on the right one without such facts...

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Farseer - Apr-04-2011

(Apr-02-2011, 02:44 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: Tese beings have a question about #25... Is it any specific setting? or is it part of a sentence, ending the quote?

They have noticed a few places with those words, but they cant decide on the right one without such facts...

But, 'thul beings, that would be telling...! Blink

Sleeping
Sleeping
Sleeping
Sleeping
Sleeping

Big Grin Okay...I'll give you little tidbit...yes, it IS in a specific setting and, no, it ISN'T just a part of a sentence, ending the quote - it is a complete sentence and response to another character's question.

Sleeping

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Apr-04-2011

Then it would be the fool speaking (guess who?) Fitz.

The book is Tawny man 3, and the location is the elderling settlement within the glacier, shortly after they were led astray and fell into a crevice. Detailed enough?

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Farseer - Apr-04-2011

You've got it, 'thul beings! Clapping

The passage says:

Quote:...'Where are we?' I gasped, and my little human voice was the muffled squeak of a mouse in a bin full of grain.

The Fool coughed. 'Down here.'

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Farseer - Apr-05-2011

14 Wrote:For you have handed me the final piece of a puzzle.
16 Wrote:I doubt she will be a willing student.

Here's another one from me:
26 Wrote:He supplied the clothing, of course, but I dressed myself.

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Apr-05-2011

Interesting quote... 'thul cannot place it quite yet, but they'll try to reason on it...

Not rain wilds books. Does not fit there.
Nor does it seem much like Liveships, since of those that may have spoken of dressing there, did not have anyone to refer to as "he" for supplying clothes...
Nor does it fit with homecoming, blue boots or the story "inheritance", due to reasons similar to that above...

These beings cannot quite fit it into tawny man either, which would leave the farseer books... Unless of course it is early in tawny man, before Fitz and the fool got a bit estranged...

Character seems to be Fitz (what a surprise...) and the setting must be some short time after one of the many times he got injured... The first situation that springs to mind, is the skill healing, where he got dressed using clothes that the fool (again, what a surprise...) supplied. Someone came in to check on him during the later part of his recovery... These beings do not have anything to conclude with here, so they guess it could be Molly...

How is that for reasoning? (is it faulty?)

oh, and before you ask, no, these beings did not look into the books for this reasoning, nor use anything except for their memories...

Nice reasonings 'thul beings Clapping but, yes, it's somewhat faulty. P The character saying the quote is not Fitz, the clothes were not provided by Fool and Molly was not present at the time of the conversation. Big Grin

oh well... These beings cannot expect random reasoning to work every time...

Might it be kennit, not too long after loosing that leg of his? (these beings doubt it, but...)

Yes, your doubting was justified there.

The previous guess did have one fairly accurate piece of reasoning...the roundabout timing...though the specifics you mentioned weren't correct. Hopefully that tip should help take you back to the correct time and place within the realm.

You were wrong, but not too far wrong...

might it be the fool speaking to fitz then?

The statement seems rather foolish...

(The beings known as 'thul could not deny themselves there... They had to play with words)