thePlenty.net Forums
RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) (/thread-244.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Paragon-Athena - Apr-08-2011

"THere is a difference between thinking something is wise, and doing it."

"And I would come and save you. Again."

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Mervi - Apr-09-2011

Could that latter one be Fitz talking to Nighteyes in Fool's Errand?

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Apr-12-2011

14 Wrote:"For you have handed me the final piece of a puzzle."
28 Wrote:"There is a difference between thinking something is wise, and doing it."
29 Wrote:"And I would come and save you. Again."

These beings suspect that it was more in the direction of Nighteyes speaking to Fitz. Other than the occasional porcupine, *Nighteyes did not tend to get into trouble the way Fitz tends to.

The location and setting would be an evening in front of the fire in the cabin he had retired to.

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Mervi - Apr-14-2011

I'm thinking the incident with the fish.

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Paragon-Athena - Apr-16-2011

Nope, sorry you are all on the wrong track. It is Nighteyes speaking to Fitz (for the first one anyway) but the location and time is completely out. Big Grin

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Farseer - Apr-19-2011

14 Wrote:"For you have handed me the final piece of a puzzle."

28 Wrote:"There is a difference between thinking something is wise, and doing it."

Paragon-Athena, can you please confirm that the above (quote 28) was Nighteyes to Fitz, as I think you meant in your previous post? I might be just confused though! Big Grin

I only ask as I have just had a lightbulb moment and thought that it may have actually been Burrich talking to Chade in the hut when Fitz was still coming back to himself after he "died"/from being in Nighteyes' body, which would make it in the beginning of AQ somewhere. Burrich was questioning Chade's wisdom in allowing Fitz to scry in water, even though he had the Skill and the Wit? I am coming up to it in my re-read of the RotE books so may be wrong...but I am sure this is one of the passages that got me interested in the whole The Circle of Magic topic.

We never did find out for sure if Fitz could, or couldn't, scry in water...though he was unsuccessful at the above time, he was still not quite himself so we have to wonder if RH wasn't just putting us off for a 'reveal' of his true abilities at a later time!

29 Wrote:"And I would come and save you. Again."

This one is in my head somewhere...I just have to pin it down!!

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Farseer - Apr-19-2011

(Apr-19-2011, 03:32 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote:

I only ask as I have just had a lightbulb moment and thought that it may have actually been Burrich talking to Chade in the hut when Fitz was still coming back to himself after he "died"/from being in Nighteyes' body, which would make it in the beginning of AQ somewhere. Burrich was questioning Chade's wisdom in allowing Fitz to scry in water, even though he had the Skill and the Wit? I am coming up to it in my re-read of the RotE books so may be wrong...

I was wrong. Smiling The quote I was thinking of, from Burrich to Chade, was actually: "Just because a man can do a thing does not mean he should do a thing."

Oh well... Detective

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Paragon-Athena - Apr-21-2011

But yes, the quote is from Nighteyes to Fitz. But when? Ah, when.....?

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - danieladamsmith - May-09-2011

"Tomorrow owes you the sum of your yesterdays. No more than that."

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Farseer - May-09-2011

This is one of those quotes I know without having to think...

It's Amber speaking to Malta aboard Paragon, just before he sets sail on the voyage to retrieve the Vivacia (where Ronica, Keffria etc are there to see him off with Brashen and Althea at the helm). I remember this as it is in or around the same passage that speaks of the need for Malta to beware of one who would seek her crown for her own...or something like that anyway(I have quoted in the Malta thread)...

This would make it in The Mad Ship?

Now that I've said I know, I'll be way wrong! Big Grin