thePlenty.net Forums
RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) (/thread-244.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - danieladamsmith - May-09-2011

(May-09-2011, 11:10 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: This is one of those quotes I know without having to think...

It's Amber speaking to Malta aboard Paragon, just before he sets sail on the voyage to retrieve the Vivacia (where Ronica, Keffria etc are there to see him off with Brashen and Althea at the helm). I remember this as it is in or around the same passage that speaks of the need for Malta to beware of one who would seek her crown for her own...or something like that anyway(I have quoted in the Malta thread)...

This would make it in The Mad Ship?

Now that I've said I know, I'll be way wrong! Big Grin

RIGHT ON!!!

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Farseer - Jun-01-2011

These still require a solution, as far as I can tell?

14 Wrote:"For you have handed me the final piece of a puzzle."
28 Wrote:"There is a difference between thinking something is wise, and doing it."
29 Wrote:"And I would come and save you. Again."

And here's a new one that I have enjoyed coming across recently! Big Grin EDIT: Ah, I think we're up to 30?

30 Wrote:"I am not a duck!"

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Jun-01-2011

These beings are not sure on the three old ones, but they suspect #30 is nighteyes being told to swim or something like that.

These beings also have one that should be fairly easy.

31 Wrote:Fight! Fight! Fight!

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Farseer - Jun-01-2011

Quick stop by... no 'thul, it's not Nighteyes (but I could see how that would fit him nicely! P ).

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Jun-02-2011

hmm... that means 'thul will have to think. Not practical.

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Farseer - Jun-02-2011

(Jun-01-2011, 01:42 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: These beings also have one that should be fairly easy.

31 Wrote:Fight! Fight! Fight!

This sounds awfully like DH to me, with Thymara and Sintara involved when they came to blows at one point in the latter stages of the journey upriver. I think Sintara may even have hurt Thymara at this time (clipped her with her wing or near drowned her, or even both?? Undecided ) and I'm having thoughts that it was that same time that Mercor had forbidden Sintara killing her or hurting her further. I can't think of who would have encouraged their anger against each other but it would definitely have been another dragon and not one of the keepers etc... *think, think, think*

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Jun-03-2011

Yes. Think.

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - joost - Jun-03-2011

'Fight! Fight! Fight!' sounds awfully Spit-ty to me.

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Jun-03-2011

how so?

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Farseer - Jun-04-2011

Ah, yes, it was Spit (at least I am fairly certain it was! P )...and I'm still sure that it happened just as I mentioned in DH and, as I said, the words were directed to Sintara and Thymara with Mercor trying to calm things as Spit tried to agitate them. Even more, I think this was also just prior to Heeby's return, or flight I guess you could call it, (??) as that was most likely the event that interrupted the Sintara-Thymara tension. They were at the heating springs or bed thingies Big Grin when this all took place, ah, and it was from there that Heeby directed them all to Kelsingra?

EDIT: I would never have isolated Spit, without joost's prompt...I couldn't even remember Spit's name and therefore know that I'd never have come up with that detail on my own, no matter how much more time I'd had to think!

Hmm, now that I'm thinking of DK and DH, I have to wonder if #29 originates from one of them as well, and not from either Nighteyes to Fitz or Fitz to Fool as I've been considering!