thePlenty.net Forums
RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) (/thread-244.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Jan-27-2011

yup, nuytsia. that is it...

2 Wrote:You can be the dead fish. I'll be the old stick.

another quote...

4 Wrote:"Nor with an arrow in his back, more's the pity,"

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Nuytsia - Jan-27-2011

I bet whoever it is they are talking about Regal......

what makes you say that?

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Nuytsia - Jan-29-2011

A lot of people would like to see an arrow in his back!

Hmmm I have just read the bit of AQ where Fitz did GET an arrow in his back..... I'd have thought it might relate to that somehow.... but I can't say I recall it

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Nightchade - Feb-05-2011

Well here goes my first post after introductions.

It is from this section of AQ after Fitz is rescued by the white prophet after he's been shot. I believe its a conversation between Fitz and the Fool in the Fool's hut in the mountains. (I love this section for the moment when Fitz recognises the Fool and lies staring at him while he is sleeping) Later they are drinking and chatting, the Fool is contrasting Fitz's unawareness of his (former) beauty with that of Regals affectations. Fitz is uncomfortable when the Fool starts saying that you wouldn't see Regal with tousled hair, rosy cheeks etc so he makes a joke, 'nor with an arrow in his back..' Then they both giggle.

I have an easy one but it always makes me smile.

'How do the horses look?'
'Delicious'

(haven't got the hang of those boxes with quotes in, sorry,any advice welcome)

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Feb-05-2011

the tags for them are:
Code:
[quote][/quote]

you can also find it in the "preview post" thingy and the "new reply" function...

about those horses... thats from the first encounter between the false coterie and the heroes, fairly close to that city of the elderlings...

These beings still have no idea on this quote...

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Nightchade - Feb-05-2011

Correct of course.

I thought the other one re the sticks had been identified? I thought it might be Fitz talking to Night eyes in Fools Errand where they are both feeling a bit past it and decide to have a bit of a hunt?
(nope I'll have to practice with these quote thingy's)

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Feb-05-2011

of course, now it is obvious that it is that.

6 Wrote:You drowned in memories

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Farseer - Feb-06-2011

(Feb-05-2011, 10:42 PM (UTC))Nightchade Wrote: I thought the other one re the sticks had been identified? I thought it might be Fitz talking to Night eyes in Fools Errand where they are both feeling a bit past it and decide to have a bit of a hunt?

No, it hadn't yet been identified, and you're close, Nightchade. It was in FE but it wasn't Fitz who said it and the context isn't quite correct...so I’m going to keep it up, if that’s okay ‘thul?

(Feb-05-2011, 10:42 PM (UTC))Nightchade Wrote: (nope I'll have to practice with these quote thingy's)

They took me an age to get the hang of! P Have a look at a post I made (post #4) here in the Forum FAQ thread. My instructions and accompanying screen shots seemed to have helped Rendezvous after he experienced quite a bit of difficulty, so they may help you out as well, Nightchade?

Quote:You can be the dead fish. I'll be the old stick.

I'm still thinking on this one.

Quote:You drowned in memories