thePlenty.net Forums
RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) (/thread-244.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Jun-05-2011

yes, it is spit. These beings just had to be a little obscure on it... Farseer got the situation and joost the name...

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Farseer - Jun-11-2011

14 Wrote:"For you have handed me the final piece of a puzzle."
28 Wrote:"There is a difference between thinking something is wise, and doing it."
29 Wrote:"And I would come and save you. Again."
30 Wrote:"I am not a duck!"

Okay, I'm going to dive in with an unrelated-to-Fitz, Fool or Nighteyes guess for #29 but with not too many supporting details to back it up as I'm a little hazy. Smiling

This is Relpda (Sedric's dragon whose blood he ingested) speaking mind-to-mind with Sedric, which would have to be in DH as Sedric was only just feeling the effects of change at the end of DK. That's all I'm pretty much clear on! P

By 'saving' I think Relpda here means saving Sedric from himself? Sedric was most likely feeling down about Hest at the time, and it was possibly even one of the occasions where he felt suicidal. I'm pulling up there in case I throw in something that's way off target!

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Farseer - Jun-12-2011

14 Wrote:"For you have handed me the final piece of a puzzle."

Is this Amber to Paragon? Argh! I hate that I remember reading it umpteen times but I can't think who or where or when or why! Down

There's no way I'm giving in though! Big Grin

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Farseer - Jun-23-2011

28 Wrote:"There is a difference between thinking something is wise, and doing it."

This is Nighteyes to Fitz, in AQ somewhere, but I'm not sure when or what about. Big Grin

It's either when Fitz was wanting to go down into the town to be with 'humans' or 'his own kind' after he had been with Nighteyes for so long while making their way to Tradeford (I can't pinpoint it but maybe it's also around the time that he ran into the minstrels when he fought the Forged Ones for them while in the role of Cob) OR possibly even when Fitz and Nighteyes were on/near the Skill Road somewhere...I know he left it for a time, because it was affecting him, and Fool, and Starling (?), kept him company at various stages until he had to go back on it again. Leaning toward the latter but... Undecided

I think I've answered #29 (?) but still Blink with #14.

Nobody has any other ideas for the #30 quote, that I provided?

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Farseer - Aug-04-2011

'thul beings...this is your game but some of these quotes weren't provided by you. I think I may have solved one or two (ah, possibly #28 and #29??), and don't have anything better to change them to, so is it okay if I look for them to either confirm or deny their correctness? At least then I'll know I have to keep thinking. Unless someone else knows without checking?

As far as I can gather, only #14 and #30 remain unsolved? Curse you #14!! Mad

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Aug-04-2011

'thul cannot remember if they're solved... Nor can they remember the answer (if they even provided those two)...

Whenever you (or someone else adds quotes, feel free to edit them into the first post. (and add points if quotes are confirmed as solved.

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Clarity - Aug-05-2011

I thought #30 was Nighteyes in AQ but is it the Fool?

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - fool-ish - Sep-03-2011

So easy this one but I couldn't resist as it made me smile.

'Handsome.' 'Are you going to fix his nose?'

'There is nothing wrong with his nose'

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Sep-03-2011

well, cant place exactly what book (either mad ship or ship of destiny), but its while amber is re-carving paragon's face. Not sure exactly who she is speaking with, but it could be Althea.

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - fool-ish - Sep-03-2011

(Sep-03-2011, 01:33 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: well, cant place exactly what book (either mad ship or ship of destiny), but its while amber is re-carving paragon's face. Not sure exactly who she is speaking with, but it could be Althea.
Am I to tell now or do I wait until others have taken a shot at it?