thePlenty.net Forums
RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) (/thread-244.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Farseer - Sep-04-2011

(Sep-03-2011, 12:41 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: So easy this one but I couldn't resist as it made me smile.

'Handsome.' 'Are you going to fix his nose?'

'There is nothing wrong with his nose'

Oh! I've been away camping for a couple of days but I think I know this one with no thought at all...

It's Brashen, speaking to Amber in Ship of Destiny. It was the first time Brashen saw Paragon's re-carved face.

I love this game! Clapping If I get it right, that is! Big Grin

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - fool-ish - Sep-04-2011

You're right of course and it was too easy but I had to get it in somewhere. I can just imagine Amber's face warning Brashen not to disrespect the nose! Big Grin There's some great art work on 'Deviantart' dedicated to these books, Amber re-carving Paragon's face is just one of them. See, if I'm not reading, I'm looking for pictures...obsessed much!

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Nuytsia - Sep-06-2011

(Sep-04-2011, 12:02 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: You're right of course and it was too easy but I had to get it in somewhere. I can just imagine Amber's face warning Brashen not to disrespect the nose! Big Grin There's some great art work on 'Deviantart' dedicated to these books, Amber re-carving Paragon's face is just one of them. See, if I'm not reading, I'm looking for pictures...obsessed much!
Clapping

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Feb-05-2012

hmm... 'bout time to revive this... These beings are not going to continue the old series, as that stopped being replied to.
The rules are the same. No searching the books for the phrase. No googling. Much guessing.

round 2, quote 1 Wrote:Somewhere beneath the tides of those superficial emotions she knew the cold deep current of her grief sought to pull her down and drown her.

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Farseer - Feb-05-2012

Hmm. No thinking time for this one so just off the top of my head...

I'm thinking it's possibly Althea regarding her loss of Vivacia. Not sure when. I know she let herself go down into Vivacia when she was confined to her room by Kyle, and think I remember that she would have died if not for Vivacia (?) despite her not being quickened yet. The same happened following the rape by Kennit.

First guess: I'm going to say Althea in Ship of Magic. Second guess: Althea in Ship of Destiny.

In the next ten minutes I'll have changed my mind one hundred times and be using all of my will power not to come back here and re-guess and re-guess and...P

As for the old ones, I'm still thinking...no retreat, no surrender Big Grin ...will come back to them one day when time allows.

well, there was something right in your answer, but nothing complete.

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - fool-ish - Feb-05-2012

I'm gonna have to go with Althea, post-rape?

I'll try to come up with a suitable quote when my I've got my head together again P

That would be quite incorrect.

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - fool-ish - Feb-06-2012

Hmm, well I don't know then and it's far too much trouble to cheat, what with my precious books being cloistered up in the attic!

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Feb-06-2012

There was far more correct in Farseer's post than in yours. To be nice, 'thul will give one hint. You are in the correct part of the realm. (correct set of books/short stories)