thePlenty.net Forums
RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) (/thread-244.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Valarya - Feb-10-2012

(Feb-10-2012, 09:23 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: I'm not optimistic that this is correct seeing as I'm absolutely pants at this but...Fool to Fitz when Fitz is putting (or after putting) his memories into 'girl on a dragon' ??

(LOL @ "i'm absolutely pants at this..." Clapping )

You're more than half-way correct BUT on the opposite side of the spectrum in one regard.... so not 100% correct.

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - fool-ish - Feb-10-2012

Hmm, when fool gives Fitz his memories back? Either that or it's Fitz to fool in the girl on a dragon episode? P

If it's none of the above, then I'm content with being over halfway correct cos that's my best score so far!

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Valarya - Feb-10-2012

(Feb-10-2012, 09:38 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: Hmm, when fool gives Fitz his memories back?

Ding ding ding ding ding! Yay

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - fool-ish - Feb-10-2012

Oh cool! I got one right! Yay

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Feb-11-2012

The heir quote was definitely Reyn and Malta, but the one day these beings weren't on, others got to post about it first.

Was it not on one of the ships, after Tintaglia air-dropped him to it, near the end of SoD, a bit before the marriage?

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Farseer - Feb-12-2012

(Feb-10-2012, 07:15 PM (UTC))Valarya Wrote: Reyn to Malta when they were in Jamallia dancing at the ball in their honor.

Edit: Last book of Liveship!

I should insist on the name of that book! Dodgy I'll be kind though Flowers and say, yes, it was Ship of Destiny. Big Grin

As for the rest, BRAVO Valarya! Clapping Sorry , 'thul beings. Right book, correct people, wrong location. Smiling

It was during the dance, after Malta had asked Reyn if he regretted waiting until they were married before they could 'be' together.

Oh, not sure if anyone else saw my little hidden hint but I did give one while I was telling you that I wasn't going to give one...I said, "a nice start" as you listed Reyn + Malta first. P

(Feb-10-2012, 01:46 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote:
Quote:I would regret more risking the legitimacy of my heir.

I couldn't help but think of Chivalry when first I read it. I'm glad he didn't feel of the same mind as Reyn...otherwise Changer would not have been around to change things! Clapping

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Feb-12-2012

ahh... that explains why these beings could not figure out the exact ship. none of the ships came out of the computation as correct. Besides, Valarya took it before 'thul.

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Valarya - Feb-12-2012

(Feb-12-2012, 04:40 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: I should insist on the name of that book! Dodgy I'll be kind though Flowers and say, yes, it was Ship of Destiny. Big Grin

I have never gotten the order of the books straight by their names. All the first ones include the word "Assassin," the 2nd ones include "ship," and the 3rd ones include "Fool." I just can't keep them straight for some reason and I never have... in 8-9 years of knowing them. Blushing

SO, to me... they've always been:
Books 1, 2, 3 of Farseer (or 1st trilogy)
Books 1, 2, 3 of LST (or 2nd trilogy)
Books 1, 2, 3 of TM (or 3rd trilogy)

The new ones are becoming Books 1, 2, 3, 4 of RWC, too.. Whistling

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Feb-12-2012

these beings generally just mix up the six duchies & out island books...

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Valarya - Feb-13-2012

Alright, since no one has left a new quote... I'll go again. This is probably REALLY easy, but I want all the details. Who is saying it to whom, when.. why.. and in what book? P

Quote:"...She draws you to her now, and you think you go out of pity. But
she will take from you whatever she needs to rise."