thePlenty.net Forums
RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) (/thread-244.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Brashen - Feb-13-2012

(Feb-13-2012, 05:12 PM (UTC))Valarya Wrote:
Quote:"...She draws you to her now, and you think you go out of pity. But
she will take from you whatever she needs to rise."

I'd say it's Kettle talking to the Fool because he's always going to GoaD. It's in the stone quarry/stone pit and it's in AQ

If I'm right... I can hardly continue cause I only have the german books and I think you'd be bad in reading german Big Grin

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Valarya - Feb-13-2012

Good job, Brashen!!!! Proud

Although I'm sad it was so easy, hahah.

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Feb-13-2012

These beings did not immediately take it, so they guessed it was either Farseer or TM quote...

Hm... I don't have the right translation but I try to translate the German back to English (I just wanted to give it a try Smiling)

Quote:He sniffled and asked what I was brewing. "Bribes", I answered him honestly.

Who to whom and what's the topic?

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - fool-ish - Feb-13-2012

Haven't a clue...just for a change! UndecidedBlushing

I have a feeling this is towards the end of the last TM book... when Fitz is sending gifts to Molly and her children.

So I'll say it's between Fitz and his errand-runner (the guy who was Chade's and was with the crew in the Out Islands but whose name I absolutely cannot remember right now, lol).

(Feb-13-2012, 08:30 PM (UTC))Valarya Wrote: I have a feeling this is towards the end of the last TM book... when Fitz is sending gifts to Molly and her children.

So I'll say it's between Fitz and his errand-runner (the guy who was Chade's and was with the crew in the Out Islands but whose name I absolutely cannot remember right now, lol).

Nice one! Clapping His name in German is 'Sieber', but probably it's something else in the original. (Maybe Sifter?)

Now it's your turn again

Not knowing the name of the guy who was taking the gifts/letters back and forth between Fitz and Molly was bugging me, so I looked it up. I was actually wrong on one account. I thought Fitz said this to Riddle (the guy delivering the packages), but he didn't. He said this to Chade, his old mentor. Smiling

It was about a gift for Molly that Riddle would have taken... so I got the part right, hahah.

So you're saying the name of Fitz's mentor/teacher in German is Sieber? It's Chade in english. And here's the direct passage from the English version:

Quote:He sniffed the air speculatively and asked what I was concocting. "Bribes," I answered him honestly.

That was a good one!!!!!!! Big Grin

Oh no, I was kinda wrong. I only picked out this part but didn't read the context Smiling

Chade is named Chade in German, but Riddle is named Sieber (strange name as a translation. They should have left him as Riddle). But I myself thought like you it was Fitz talking with Riddle. Haven't read my own riddle exactly Blushing

(Feb-13-2012, 09:51 PM (UTC))Brashen Wrote: Oh no, I was kinda wrong. I only picked out this part but didn't read the context Smiling

Chade is named Chade in German, but Riddle is named Sieber (strange name as a translation. They should have left him as Riddle). But I myself thought like you it was Fitz talking with Riddle. Haven't read my own riddle exactly Blushing

Hahah, this is great. Slurp