thePlenty.net Forums
RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) (/thread-244.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Farseer - Feb-17-2012

(Feb-17-2012, 09:37 AM (UTC))finella Wrote: But I can't precise it deeper.

I mean it most sincerely when I say that I just love to read your posts, finella. You have such a lovely way of using the words of my native tongue. Slurp

As for the quotes, I refuse to look at them Ouch until I reply to some things on here that have been waiting for replies from me for too long now...

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - finella - Feb-17-2012

(Feb-17-2012, 10:39 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote:
(Feb-17-2012, 09:37 AM (UTC))finella Wrote: But I can't precise it deeper.

I mean it most sincerely when I say that I just love to read your posts, finella. You have such a lovely way of using the words of my native tongue. Slurp

Blushing Thank you so much, Farseer.
You told me that you have geman roots. Did you ever learn it?
It's perhaps because I'm middle-aged and my english is also middle-aged SmilingTurned

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - finella - Feb-17-2012

(Feb-17-2012, 10:21 AM (UTC))thul Wrote: Well, it isn't.

So, please Thankful. Would These beings be so condescent to tell us, what it is???

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Feb-17-2012

Nope. You'll still have to guess...

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Gielske - Feb-17-2012

(Feb-16-2012, 08:55 PM (UTC))Selene Wrote:
(Feb-16-2012, 07:12 PM (UTC))Gielske Wrote:
Quote:Kelsingra, the end of the rainbow
Who, where and when?

It's Carson the hunter and he speaks to Sedric after he said he and his dragon would be ready to travel on to Kelsingra. They're sitting around Carson's fire.

That's it!!!

Damn double post again??? Sorry guys, I can't help it

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Farseer - Feb-17-2012

I have deleted that extra one for you, Gielske. Flowers

You are also able to edit your own posts by clicking the Edit button. Each time you make a new reply, and it appears in the same post space due to the posts being made quite close together time-wise, you will see a little hr to indicate where the line separating every post will go.

So, click Edit and then simply delete the extra post and then click on Update Post. Hope this helps. Otherwise, I'm happy to delete for you... Smiling

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Valarya - Feb-17-2012

Still up for grabs:

7 Wrote:"Sometimes, sharing a fear or sorrow can lessen it."

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Farseer - Feb-18-2012

I'm going to take a stab at this, scared as I am. I was sure it was Fool but just couldn't think where until I started actually thinking outside of the box I'd put myself in. I am going to say that it's not so much 'Fool' but Lord Golden, and I think it may have been when he was talking with Dutiful.

I can't remember exactly where in the Six Duchies it was but the exchange I'm thinking of is when they were bedded down with Fitz (not sure if there was a fire or not but they definitely shared a meal with Dutiful contributing much despite Fitz and Lord Golden's treatment of him). This was after the first confrontation with the Old Blood group who had taken advantage of Dutiful. Dutiful wanted to be free to return to the Old Blood rather than be taken back to Buckkepp.

While Fitz kept giving Dutiful no quarter (I laugh every time I re-read their exchanges! P ), Lord Golden was responding here to something that Dutiful had said? Though I can't remember what, it did have something to do with being Witted, the woman bonded with Dutiful's hunting cat (whose identity they still had to learn at the time) and his not wanting the Farseer throne etc.

That's about all I have for the moment! Surrender Oh. Which book? It would had to have been in Fool's Errand, if I'm correct about the what when and where.

I hate this game...like my thoughts aren't in a tangle enough! Big Grin

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - FoolishGirl - Feb-18-2012

(Feb-16-2012, 04:41 PM (UTC))treeknee Wrote:
(Feb-16-2012, 02:42 PM (UTC))FoolishGirl Wrote: I have one to ponder:

"Not my secret," --- said bluntly.

This was when Web was asking Fitz about Thick being able to hold him at bay with a touch when trying to get him to board.

You are correct, treeknee, Fitz is talking to Web on the ship in FF, about Thick, but I would say that the secret he's referring to is why Thick is important to Dutiful.

I can still remember thinking, the first time I read the reply, "Not my secret", how perfectly this captures Fitz's sense of honor and loyalty to his king, while also letting him get away with not answering the question!

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Farseer - Feb-18-2012

I've missed a couple of posts while trying to catch up on everything while I was gone so...

Welcome to thePlenty treeknee! Grouphug Great to have you here and I also love your name...Master Treeknee is certainly one of the RotE characters whom I would love to hear more about and learn from. Well met! Slurp

(Feb-16-2012, 02:44 PM (UTC))Gielske Wrote: Can someone tell me why everytime I quote, I get a double message??

I often get double posts when my internet connection lags or the page seemingly reloads of its own accord. Also, sometimes the original post won't come up on my screen so I'll click the Post Reply button tab again and suddenly two come up, differentiated by the line which comes up as hr in the text.

As I said earlier, it's easy to go back and edit, and delete the one you don't need.

As for the quote, I have to admit to having used this 'Not my secret' line a couple of times since reading TM... Blushing