thePlenty.net Forums
RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) (/thread-244.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Feb-18-2012

It was a nice bit of conjecture, Farseer... Too bad that was all it was. The case is not correct for quote #7.

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Farseer - Feb-18-2012

Ouch

Don't worry, farseer... 'thul and Valarya will let you try and fail many times on this quote before spoiling it to you...

*insert obligatory mad scientist laughter*

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Farseer - Feb-18-2012

Sorry...I can't believe how many posts I've skimmed over but that haven't sunk in over the last week or so! Surrender

(Feb-15-2012, 06:21 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: Now Farseer is probably going to be annoyed that you caught it so shortly after joining these forums.

Oh, yes, yes indeedy! Rant

Big Grin Well done, Gielske...I am rather relieved to have that mystery finally solved. *sigh* If only I'd started my LST re-read far, far earlier, I could have stumbled across it myself!! P

Still, don't you hate it when you see the answer and THEN remember reading it in the text?! Crying

As for #7...it may take me just as long...

You will figure it out eventually... of course, someone else might figure it out before you...

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - FoolishGirl - Feb-19-2012

(Feb-18-2012, 06:02 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: As for the quote, I have to admit to having used this 'Not my secret' line a couple of times since reading TM... Blushing

Fitz also uses the phrase with Kettricken in Royal Assassin, in regard to who is helping her escape (Chade), before she is aware of his existence. Other similar phrases occur in FF and AA...

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Feb-21-2012

No new guesses yet, Farseer?

7 Wrote:"Sometimes, sharing a fear or sorrow can lessen it."

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Farseer - Feb-21-2012

Okay 'thul beings...I am starting to get a bit of a 'Fool's feeling' that you are toying with us. While this could very well still be from Fool, or any of his personas (if it is, I know I'm going to go Ouch and 22 when I find out!), I can't help but be curious about the comment you made that mentioned Valara knew the source. The only thing that makes me second-guess myself with this feeling is that you didn't include joost in that comment. Undecided

Still, I am beginning to wonder if I would have even read this quote before? Dodgy In this, I am going to guess that it's from City of Dragons...if so, well, the who, what, when, where etc are as yet out of my reach. Surrender

That's the answer I'm locking in for the moment but I'm going to cover myself by saying that it could be Amber...but I really haven't a clue... P

Like I say all the time...I HATE THIS GAME! Rant

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Feb-21-2012

'thul toying with you? Why would they do that? P

It ain't amber. Or the fool. or that tawny man.

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Valarya - Feb-21-2012

(Feb-21-2012, 08:43 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Okay 'thul beings...I am starting to get a bit of a 'Fool's feeling' that you are toying with us.

That is an extremely wise statement, lol. Big Grin

(Feb-21-2012, 08:43 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: I can't help but be curious about the comment you made that mentioned Valara knew the source. The only thing that makes me second-guess myself with this feeling is that you didn't include joost in that comment. Undecided

Ahh, and extremely intuitive. Whistling

(Feb-21-2012, 08:43 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Still, I am beginning to wonder if I would have even read this quote before? Dodgy

Those beings are evil... aren't they? Innocent

(Feb-21-2012, 08:43 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: In this, I am going to guess that it's from City of Dragons...if so, well, the who, what, when, where etc are as yet out of my reach.

I can't go on being party to this evil treatment anymore, hahah. Blushing You are 100% correct, Farseer. I'm cracking up, but amazed at your perfect deductive reasoning. Thankful

(Feb-21-2012, 08:43 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Like I say all the time...I HATE THIS GAME! Rant

Clapping Big Grin