thePlenty.net Forums
RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) (/thread-244.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Feb-21-2012

well, 'thul have the perfect defense!
Valarya Wrote:I say do it!
You can't get better defense, can you?

oh, and before you complain about spoiling things... that quote doesn't reveal any plot the way it is, and even with context, it is limited.

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Valarya - Feb-21-2012

Hahah I knew you'd use that against me, 'thul beings. Big Grin

It's OK, though.. it was fun!

These beings couldn't not use it...

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Farseer - Feb-21-2012

(Feb-21-2012, 05:25 PM (UTC))Valarya Wrote: I can't go on being party to this evil treatment anymore, hahah. Blushing You are 100% correct, Farseer. I'm cracking up, but amazed at your perfect deductive reasoning. Thankful

*insert AR's little jaw-dropping guy which I really have to find again one day*

And here have I been pondering on this #@*&%! thing the whole night through! "Was it Ronica? Could it have been Kettricken? It doesn't sound like anything Althea, Malta, Keffria, Patience or even Lacey would have said...or any of the keepers. Who else? I imagine it was a woman. Certainly doesn't sound like a man. Who else could it possibly have been then? Not Elliania, or Alise. What about Jani or Jonqui? I can't think of any other women who may have said it!"

Thanks for putting me out of my misery Valarya... Slurp ...though you WERE a partner in crime! Mad

As for you beings...WELL! Rant Hmph!

Seeing as I got it as correct as I possibly could (!!), here's one from me. P

Quote:You waste words on what you can't change.

Should be quite easy for some, I suspect, and somewhat harder for others.

hmm... almost surprising... Valarya was sure you'd try to hang 'thul. Did you not find any acid-proof, extra-strong hangman's rope? Or did you realize that you'd also need acid-proof gallows scaled to fit dragons?

These beings could reveal the source of the quote, but that would not be very nice. You might want to discover it yourself.

No guesses on your quote yet.

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Farseer - Feb-22-2012

Like Sa, Revenge has many facets! Stirring

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Narya - Feb-22-2012

Look what I came across tonite - not a direct quote for #7, but close enough to give that nagging feeling you've come across it before.

"A burden shared not only can lighten it; it can form a bond between those who share it."- Fool to Fitz, Prologue of Golden Fool.

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Feb-22-2012

These beings knew you could take such challenge, yet not be truly hurt by it, thus they went through with it. But the revenge will be interesting to see...

your quote looks familiar somehow, so 'thul guess it is from either liveships or rain wild books, yet they cannot place it. (guessing them was never 'thul's strongest area...)

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Farseer - Feb-22-2012

*nods* I know what you mean, Narya! Smiling

As for you beings who go by the name of 'thul... Uhhuh well, you will have to do far, far better than that! Dodgy

Pirate

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Feb-22-2012

It was not a serious attempt at solving it.