thePlenty.net Forums
RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) (/thread-244.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Feb-24-2012

Then 'thul can place it with fairly decent certainty.
Somewhere in Words like coins.

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Feb-24-2012

Either that, or in "Cat's meat".

Pretty obvious that it was either of those two. Especially since 'thul checked again with the remaining short stories in RotE.

The trick in the CoD quote was making you think it was from one of the eleven first books, Farseer. Not so much in giving you a quote you could not (yet) answer.

*flaps off to pack for a weekend away*

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Valarya - Feb-24-2012

Since I haven't read that short story, I'll leave your quote here for someone else to answer:

8 Wrote:"You waste words on what you can't change."

And I'll leave one of my own. Big Grin

Since we're being cruel and all.. I'll make this difficult. Or rather, I hope it's difficult. Ouch It's hard to tell what will be difficult or not when you know the exact situation from which the quote comes, haha. P

9 Wrote:"May I come closer?"

Who says it to whom, where, about what? In which book? Book

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Farseer - Feb-24-2012

(Feb-24-2012, 09:16 AM (UTC))thul Wrote: Somewhere in Words like coins.

This is it. Flowers

As for your quote, Valarya, I'm going to say it's Fitz speaking with Fool in Fool's chamber when Fool revealed the tattoos on his back to Fitz. They'd not been speaking and also knowing Fool's usual need for privacy, Fitz was hesitant and therefore asked instead of assuming. That would place it in The Golden Fool as that's the book with the two covers that feature bared backs with tattoos. Smiling

Doh! Ouch Now I have to wonder if it's not Amber speaking with Paragon in The Mad Ship.

Undecided

Scratch that. Seeing as everyone seems to be concentrated on RWC, I'm going to say a keeper or some such with a dragon in DK. Ah...Thymara and Sintara? Or Alise and Sintara.

Undecided

Right...going back to the beginning with my gut instinct and initial thought and, if it's wrong, I'll then go from there. It's Fitz talking to Fool in TGF.

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Valarya - Feb-24-2012

You got it. Down

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Farseer - Feb-24-2012

Really?! Uhhuh

Yay

Ah, what can I say? I love that FitzChivalry Farseer bloke! His quotes are memorable...for me at least! Wub

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Farseer - Mar-16-2012

(Feb-17-2012, 11:03 PM (UTC))Valarya Wrote: Still up for grabs:

7 Wrote:"Sometimes, sharing a fear or sorrow can lessen it."

I just came across this. Wink

Oh, sorry Blushing, I think I have to offer another quote after getting the last one. Ah, how about this:

Quote:Well said, and I shall not.

A tricky one but I will give a prior quote sometime later, if required. So...who, when, where, to whom, what about, which book etc?

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Narya - Mar-26-2012

(Feb-15-2012, 06:44 PM (UTC))Gielske Wrote: It wasn't fair. I just finished LST when I joined. And I have an exceptional memory (except for names)

(Mar-16-2012, 12:34 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote:
(Feb-17-2012, 11:03 PM (UTC))Valarya Wrote: Still up for grabs:

7 Wrote:"Sometimes, sharing a fear or sorrow can lessen it."

I just came across this. Wink
Me too!