thePlenty.net Forums
RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) (/thread-244.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Nuytsia - Feb-07-2011

Oh well done!
I knew it sounded really familiar.... I probably recognised it cos I thought it was funny when I read it, but my memory didn't stretch so far as specifics!!

(Feb-07-2011, 12:14 AM (UTC))Nightchade Wrote: Fitz is forever cautioning Nighteyes to take things easy. Nighteyes was grumbling about Fitz constantly thinking he was about to drop dead from old age and how this meant that he couldn't enjoy the present. Hapless the Tactless is yearning for the bright lights and says something along the lines of having to get away from the backwater, full of nothing but dead fish and old sticks. Charmed, Nighteyes says dryly to Fitz ..'you'll be the dead fish and I'll be the old stick'

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - 'thul - Feb-07-2011

These beings will have a semi-hard time keeping up with your guesses in the future, unless more people come up with the quotes. ('thul posted 2-3 of the 5 quotes so far)

6 Wrote:You drowned in memories.

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Nuytsia - Feb-07-2011

Here's one:

Quote:Hairy? That was how you saw me? Hairy and drooling?

the first that comes to mind is fitz speaking to nettle about her view of him, but it doesnt quite fit... it could also be related to Shrewd...

7 Wrote:Hairy? That was how you saw me? Hairy and drooling?

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Farseer - Feb-07-2011

Glad to see I at least got some part of the Tintaglia aspect right P...though I'm pretty sure she didn't say it to Malta when they were together in the Crowned Rooster Chamber, after Malta did allow herself to be drowned in the memories, but she might have. Possibly it was said to Reyn, when he and Tintaglia were both chasing sea bears/seals on the beach (can't remember exactly what they were called!) on their journey to finding Malta, and I think Reyn was finally able to reach Malta via the Skill? Not really drowning in memories though...argh! I think it's Malta and Tintaglia as that seems the most likely but will keep dwelling on it some!!

Quote:You drowned in memories.

Okay, now I think I'm pretty right with this one. Turned This is Nighteyes talking to Fool, the first time they had ever been joined mind-to-mind. Fool had just thought Nighteyes was 'a dog', pretty much, and was surprised with what he found instead. P Fool was joined to Fitz via the Skill and Nighteyes was then able to reach through to Fool via his Wit connection with Fitz (kind of like how Nighteyes reached through to Justin when they were with Serene in the bedroom).

Just thinking on when/where it was though...um...I think it must have been when Fitz helped Kettle regain her Skill, whilst they were all in the quarry, so she could help Verity carve his dragon. I'm fairly certain that it took all three of them together (Fitz, Fool and Nighteyes) to get things started and then Fitz was able to recall 'Kestral' to herself (just realised this is yet another example of a name change/person having a different facet!).

I think after Nighteyes said this, Fool begged his pardon and said something about him being great or noble, or having an intelligent mind?

not correct on the first one.

the second one seems to ring correctly here... ('thul knew their answer was incorrect...)

Here's another:

Quote:Don't fret about your gown...

These beings would think it is from one of the bingtown traders' meetings, where someone speaks to malta about her gown, most likely her grandmother... One thing is 99% certain... its from the liveship books... no female characters fit the bill in farseer/tawny man, and nobody these beings can recall wore a gown in the two rain wilds books.

8 Wrote:Don't fret about your gown...

(Feb-07-2011, 03:15 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: These beings would think it is from one of the bingtown traders' meetings,

One thing is 99% certain... its from the liveship books...

Yes Smiling

(Feb-07-2011, 03:15 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: where someone speaks to malta about her gown, most likely her grandmother...

No P

Quote:Don't fret about your gown...

RE: RotE quote game...(spoilers all books) - Nuytsia - Feb-08-2011

Yeah that's it!

(Feb-07-2011, 01:23 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Okay, now I think I'm pretty right with this one. Turned This is Nighteyes talking to Fool, the first time they had ever been joined mind-to-mind. Fool had just thought Nighteyes was 'a dog', pretty much, and was surprised with what he found instead. P Fool was joined to Fitz via the Skill and Nighteyes was then able to reach through to Fool via his Wit connection with Fitz (kind of like how Nighteyes reached through to Justin when they were with Serene in the bedroom).

Just thinking on when/where it was though...um...I think it must have been when Fitz helped Kettle regain her Skill, whilst they were all in the quarry, so she could help Verity carve his dragon. I'm fairly certain that it took all three of them together (Fitz, Fool and Nighteyes) to get things started and then Fitz was able to recall 'Kestral' to herself (just realised this is yet another example of a name change/person having a different facet!).

I think after Nighteyes said this, Fool begged his pardon and said something about him being great or noble, or having an intelligent mind?