thePlenty.net Forums
A challenge for thee... (may eventually spoil some books, so beware) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: A challenge for thee... (may eventually spoil some books, so beware) (/thread-245.html)

Pages: 1 2

A challenge for thee... (may eventually spoil some books, so beware) - 'thul - Jan-28-2011

If you were to be in the realm of the elderlings (and in the six duchies), being possessed of nefarious plans. How would you go about keeping someone like FitzChivalry from sniffing around in your equipment and plans?

Discuss.

RE: A challenge for thee... (may eventually spoil some books, so beware) - 'thul - Jan-29-2011

No thoughts? none at all?

we've got another small question for you... Its fairly pointed, so please, no peeking into Golden fool for the answer...

How many was the pie Thick appropriated in the latter part of Golden fool intended to feed?

RE: A challenge for thee... (may eventually spoil some books, so beware) - redchild - Jan-30-2011

A FitzChivalry novelty bobblehead laced with hedge-magic on every one of my minions' horse saddle horns/wagons/ships.

Run an adoption center as a front for operations, with children working as spies/runners.

Own several cats-- as minion sentries, of course. They can catch rats for me on the side. And they must be soft and fun to pet.

Will come up with more, later...

RE: A challenge for thee... (may eventually spoil some books, so beware) - Farseer - Feb-16-2011

(Jan-28-2011, 02:09 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: If you were to be in the realm of the elderlings (and in the six duchies), being possessed of nefarious plans. How would you go about keeping someone like FitzChivalry from sniffing around in your equipment and plans?

Sorry. I've missed returning to this thread!

Assuming I'd have the Skill (am I allowed to take the King's magic to myself? P ), I would produce a glamour to give off a Molly-like scent and appearance so that, with the help of a love charm necklace (tweaked more powerfully than that worn by Fitz) and a well thought out Skill command, he'd be so besotted with me he wouldn't be able to think beyond his longings...<3 Why wage war or waste evil plans when you can defeat someone with love?!

EDIT: I'd probably have a couple of children with him as well...that would make him even more taken with me!

As for Thick's pie, I haven't a clue! Uhhuh I'm sure it's a trick question!! I think Fitz, Dutiful and Thick were there together with a pie at some stage (I think I remember Fitz eating a pie with someone, up in Chade's room, or Verity's Tower Room??), so, three...though it could well have fed more than that re its size? These things make me nuts trying to remember them!

RE: A challenge for thee... (may eventually spoil some books, so beware) - 'thul - Feb-16-2011

Interesting solution, Farseer. Not one 'thul had even considered. It does live up to the motto of "keep your friends close, and your enemies closer".

RE: A challenge for thee... (may eventually spoil some books, so beware) - Nightchade - Feb-16-2011

'..... How would you go about keeping someone like FitzChivalry from sniffing around in your equipment and plans?...'

A) I'd speak in really obvious riddles which of course he would never 'get'..Uhhuh

or..B) I'd pretend to be a man and profess I had shameless 'unnatural desires'. upon him and try to lure him to my bedchamber. That would make him run very fast in the other direction. (..but of course he might stab me with one of his weapons Dodgy)

or C) I'd hide from his more perceptive chums like Chade, the Fool or Nighteyes so they couldn't slip him the nod. Would he figure it out himself?...nah...Lightbulb

(I love Fitzy really!)

RE: A challenge for thee... (may eventually spoil some books, so beware) - Farseer - Feb-16-2011

Nice ideas, Nightchade! P

Now, 'thul beings! Nooooo...you all can't do that to me! What about your pie question? Detective

RE: A challenge for thee... (may eventually spoil some books, so beware) - 'thul - Feb-17-2011

the answer was incorrect, but 'thul has to look it up again to verify correct answer. 'thul forgot.

RE: A challenge for thee... (may eventually spoil some books, so beware) - Farseer - Feb-17-2011

Roger!

I will continue to think in the interim... Clapping

RE: A challenge for thee... (may eventually spoil some books, so beware) - Farseer - Mar-18-2011

(Jan-29-2011, 09:51 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: How many was the pie Thick appropriated in the latter part of Golden fool intended to feed?

I was correct in that it was three people who actually ate the pie Proud - Thick, Fitz and Dutiful, up in Chade's room - but I have also since found the number that the pie was 'intended' for.

Are you wanting me to disclose it 'thul, or leave it for someone else to guess/remember?