thePlenty.net Forums
Adult literature - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Adult literature (/thread-251.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Adult literature - Valarya - Jan-16-2012

Lost Star is a prequel.

RE: Adult literature - fool-ish - Jan-16-2012

I'm not afraid of it. On the contrary, a bit of what you fancy does you no harm Wink But the story must be bigger than the erotica if it's to hold my attention. I'll go have a look at what's been recommended

RE: Adult literature - Narya - Jun-04-2012

I recently finished Sarah Monette's series - Melusine, The Virtu, The Mirador, and Corambis. There's some - uh - educational scenes Big Grin as one of the lead protagonists is gay, and had an abusive master. I was a little put off by the other lead protagonist (the story line switches back and forth between the two, in first person for each) because he drops the F bomb at least once per paragraph. But once I got used to that (and he does it less and less through the series) he grew on me. The books have very creative uses of magic, lots of action, traipsing across the continent and back. It was definitely adult content, but my 25 year old son recommended it to me, and we both enjoyed it very much. (After I got over the shock of my little darling having grown up while I wasn't looking and started reading that sort of thing.)

RE: Adult literature - fool-ish - Jun-04-2012

(Jun-04-2012, 07:07 AM (UTC))Narya Wrote: I recently finished Sarah Monette's series - Melusine, The Virtu, The Mirador, and Corambis. There's some - uh - educational scenes Big Grin as one of the lead protagonists is gay, and had an abusive master. I was a little put off by the other lead protagonist (the story line switches back and forth between the two, in first person for each) because he drops the F bomb at least once per paragraph. But once I got used to that (and he does it less and less through the series) he grew on me. The books have very creative uses of magic, lots of action, traipsing across the continent and back. It was definitely adult content, but my 25 year old son recommended it to me, and we both enjoyed it very much. (After I got over the shock of my little darling having grown up while I wasn't looking and started reading that sort of thing.)
Sounds interesting, may give that a go Big Grin

RE: Adult literature - Valarya - Jun-07-2012

(Jun-04-2012, 03:20 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: Sounds interesting, may give that a go Big Grin

Me too!! Happyballoon

RE: Adult literature - Narya - Jun-24-2012

So I just finished reading the Monette series again, and realized why I like one of the main characters so much. He's a 20 year old, orphaned at an early age, of unknown parentage, taught to be an assasin, prickly and introverted but with a heart of gold, with a tendancy to make odd love/bond relationships, so that the author can explore the meaning of love and relationships from a different perspective. Does this sound familiar to anyone else. Big Grin

RE: Adult literature - fool-ish - Jun-24-2012

Hmm, now let me think...

RE: Adult literature - 'thul - Jun-24-2012

these beings cannot find anyone fitting more than one or two of those parameters. especially not the first four.