thePlenty.net Forums
Movie snapshot game... - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Movie snapshot game... (/thread-258.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Movie snapshot game... - Albertosaurus Rex - May-18-2011

Guys, I'm sorry for not checking out this topic more often. Thul, you win. Close Encounters of the Third Kind it is.

RE: Movie snapshot game... - danieladamsmith - May-19-2011

Here's one

click on it to make it bigger....

RE: Movie snapshot game... - Albertosaurus Rex - May-20-2011

Now that's a tough one. I suppose it isn't anything as obvious as a movie centered on owls? Maybe it's a Harry Potter movie?

RE: Movie snapshot game... - 'thul - May-20-2011

'thul at first thought of "Legend of the Guardians" but the image detail level is wrong...

one of those movies A.Rex mentioned is a fairer bet...

I've actually gone and checked, thinking it might be the scene from Chamber of Secrets in which Harry is freed from his room, that light being from the car's lamps, but it's not the right owl...

Doing research, I came across this site. The person who set it up must be insane. (6001 screencaps???)

most likely he(or she) used some tool to auto-generate them... Uploading 6001 is just as hard as uploading 100, it only takes some extra time...

On review on that movie these beings mentioned earlier, it is actually possible it is from that. The level of detail in that movie is actually high enough. It is surprising how detailed CGI has become.

RE: Movie snapshot game... - danieladamsmith - May-20-2011

That is the replicant owl from the Tyrel Corportation in Blade Runner...

I would never have guessed that. Strange as it may seem for an SF fan, I have never seen Blade Runner. I'm surprised you gave away the answer so soon, though. Wouldn't you have liked to watch us squirm for a few days first?

Thul: Is Legend of the Guardians worth watching? Beyond the trailer, I am unfamiliar with either the movie or the novel series, but it reminded me a little of Silverwing, those bat novels that I so adored in my teenage years.

it is a novel series? these beings did not know that...

it is a decent movie yes... fairly classical storyline framework, but also quite creative where it comes to the flesh around the framework...

the level of detail in the CGI is also very close to "real world" levels... since the entire movie is CGI, thats fairly good...

These beings figured out the main difference between that level of CGI and "real" recordings... CGI is generally in focus for all distances, while the latter has focus on only one distance range at a time...

RE: Movie snapshot game... - danieladamsmith - May-22-2011

Yeah sorry for that. I wasn't sure about the protocol and how long I should wait. If you haven't seen Blade Runner and you dig Sci Fi..well I am so jealous. You are in for a real treat. There's something about the way that he did the design. Mainly retrofitting classic Art Deco with modern design that makes it a film that doesn't really date. It's pretty timeless and it raises some issues about what humanity is that are very very deep and thoughtful.