thePlenty.net Forums
Dragon Haven/Keeper within the wiki (here be spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Dragon Haven/Keeper within the wiki (here be spoilers) (/thread-262.html)

Pages: 1 2

Dragon Haven/Keeper within the wiki (here be spoilers) - 'thul - Mar-04-2011

since most everyone here has read these books... why not get the wiki articles up to date?

'thul created some pages yesterday in relation the dragons/keepers... but they are awfully inadequate... These beings would appreciate help getting them working...

[[Dragons and their keepers]]

RE: Dragon Haven/Keeper within the wiki (here be spoilers) - Farseer - Mar-04-2011

You have stepped well over the cusp of 'addiction' for this site, haven't you, 'thul beings?! Big Grin I can't believe how many entries you have made in such a short period of time...BRAVO!! Clapping Clapping Clapping

It took me AGES to get my one Pecksies entry done! *sigh* I have so much "in the works" for the wiki but I can hardly manage coming on here at the moment. Still, possibly I am going about it the wrong way and should add little bits at a time rather than completing a whole article prior to including it?

It sure looks like you have a solid handle on the practicalities of working within the wiki as well (translates to you all being much more computer savvy than computer-illiterate me!!)...no doubt that helps!

I only got to see a little but it all looks fantastic to me...well done! :happy balloon:

RE: Dragon Haven/Keeper within the wiki (here be spoilers) - 'thul - Mar-04-2011

Addicted? 'thul? What could possibly compel you to think that? (aside from facts)

These beings did have to look up a couple of functions, but Wikiing is actually fairly easy when you know what to do...

If you look at a few of those keeper dragon articles, they are very similar and not much more than placeholders, but then, the heeby article was even shorter before 'thul assaulted it...

the basic design of the article on any dragon was:
Name - gender - color - keeper

It is indeed easier to make short ones at first... That way, even if you forget about it, someone else can expand it...

making an article perfect is very hard... especially alone... The fact that the reader for 'thul's electronic DH copy makes each chapter a separate section makes it harder...

RE: Dragon Haven/Keeper within the wiki (here be spoilers) - Lady Laura - Mar-06-2011

Hi! Er, how do I go about joining the Wiki, to be able to help edit articles and stuff? Smiling (Am I allowed to join? P)

RE: Dragon Haven/Keeper within the wiki (here be spoilers) - Paragon-Athena - Mar-06-2011

It would not appear that Dragon Haven has come out in Australia yet... Can anyone say when it will? But good on you guys for making the wiki...

RE: Dragon Haven/Keeper within the wiki (here be spoilers) - 'thul - Mar-06-2011

Lady Laura, have you tried logging in? If you cant, send Mervi a PM about it...

Paragon-Athena... it is out, but you may have to order it internationally... Amazon has the release dates written out on the various editions...

Some of the other Australians here (you know who you are...) may recommend various stores or such to buy it from...

RE: Dragon Haven/Keeper within the wiki (here be spoilers) - Lady Laura - Mar-06-2011

LOL Yes, but every time I try logging in, it says:

Login error
There is no user by the name "Lady Laura". Check your spelling.

P And my password is right too. I don't by any chance have to create a new login name for the Wiki section of this forum?

RE: Dragon Haven/Keeper within the wiki (here be spoilers) - 'thul - Mar-06-2011

It would seem that you do not yet have an account in the wiki, so Mervi will have to create one for you...

Oh I see Big Grin I'll go pm Mervi soon then!

RE: Dragon Haven/Keeper within the wiki (here be spoilers) - Farseer - Mar-06-2011

As far as I am aware (?), nobody can create a new account within the Wiki at the moment but once it's all fixed by Mervi, it would be terrific to have you contribute Lady Laura! Clapping Yes, letting Mervi know may allow her to fix your account specifically LL, as she did with 'thul, but everyone in the forum should automatically have an account within the Wiki as well (I just logged in the first time I used it, without any external assistance from Mervi, and that's how it's supposed to be)...so it needs to be fixed.

As for Dragon Haven, Paragon-Athena, it has been out here in Australia since last year in both UK and US covers. We Aussies were/are fortunate in that our releases coincide with UK releases, so we had even received DH long before the US.

You should be able to order it locally no worries (I can't see why you'd have any problems?) but, if not, you could always purchase it via one of the links on the front forum page eg Amazon, as suggested by the 'thul beings, or The Book Depository (which has free shipping from the UK to Australia, as well as most other places in the world).