thePlenty.net Forums
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (/thread-264.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! - Nuytsia - Mar-21-2011

Thanks Albertosaurus!

And Happy Birthday 'thul!! Happyballoon
Knight

RE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! - 'thul - Mar-21-2011

These beings also thank Nuytsia and Mervi.

RE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! - Albertosaurus Rex - Mar-21-2011

Happy birthday 'thul.

RE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! - Farseer - Mar-25-2011

Speaking of birthdays, did you know that thePlenty was eight years old on March 17th (Blood Memories, a terrific RH site for Italian fans, had its second birthday on the same date as you may have seen elsewhere)?

I found out (thanks Antebar! Flowers ) but didn't quite know where to put it here, especially as Mervi usually acknowledges things more around the April Fool's Day mark as that's when the fanlisting was officially opened back in 2003 - this part that used to be the core part of the site.

Mervi originally put up this site (when it wasn't thePlenty.net, just "The Plenty" at a somewhat random address) on the 17th of March, 2003.

That all being said, and today marking a kind of mid-point between both the 17th and the 1st...

Happyballoon *** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, THEPLENTY! *** Happyballoon

More of thePlenty's tale and history has been told here, if you're interested. Thanks to Mervi for sharing it all with me, and I hope I relayed it accurately?! Smiling

Also, a special thank-you and congratulations to you, Mervi, for all of the hard work you've put in over these many years, and the pleasure you have given me/us. In such a short time, this place has become far more than just "a site" to me...it's a meeting place for lively, intelligent conversations with a great bunch of affectionate and accepting friends! Grouphug Thankful Slurp

Not to mention the veritable wealth of knowledge that has been stored up in the wiki, and the front page news that I just couldn't get by without...BRAVO!

RE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! - Mervi - Mar-25-2011

Very accurately Farseer, and thanks for the compliments. Smiling It really does mean a lot to me to hear that since I usually think about this project only in terms of things that I should add/fix/update etc so it's easy to forget the things I've done.

In case anyone wants to visit some ancient memories, here's the earliest snapshot archive.org has saved of the Plenty back when it was hosted by a generous stranger. (Australian btw, but someone who didn't even know who Robin Hobb is!) And here's the earliest snapshot of theplenty.net.

(The wayback machine doesn't always store up images so that's why some of the pages look so plain and the navigation is missing - there's usually text links around somewhere though!)

RE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! - Farseer - Mar-25-2011

(Mar-25-2011, 01:03 PM (UTC))Mervi Wrote: Very accurately Farseer,

It's illegal but, yes, plagiarism works well in cases such as this! Big Grin

(Mar-25-2011, 01:03 PM (UTC))Mervi Wrote: In case anyone wants to visit some ancient memories, here's the earliest snapshot archive.org has saved of the Plenty back when it was hosted by a generous stranger. (Australian btw, but someone who didn't even know who Robin Hobb is!) And here's the earliest snapshot of theplenty.net.

Love the Australian link! P

I tried to have a look at the snapshots but they didn't come up, even after quite a considerable amount of time (five minutes)...does the wayback machine normally take that long due to it being an archival-type service?

RE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! - Mervi - Mar-25-2011

It does go through a re-directing page that asks whether you're impatient (?!) but other than that, it shouldn't take awfully long.

RE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! - Farseer - Apr-01-2011

I'm still away so only stopping in for a quick visit before heading down further south to see Robin tomorrow (sorry, can't help but find any opportunity to rub it in! P )...

...but I just couldn't get on that plane without wishing Albertosaurus Rex an AMAZING 23rd birthday!

For some reason the fonts and things are currently disabled on this thread (?) so, you will have to imagine something huge, colourful and full of friendship, AR, when I say

:happy balloon: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALBERTOSAURUS REX!!!! :happy balloon:

Slurp Oh, to be twenty-three again. Have FUN, won't you?!

Thanks, Mervi. Smiling

RE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! - Albertosaurus Rex - Apr-01-2011

Thank you very much. Oh, I am sure to have fun today. My grandparents will be coming over to visit. No wild parties are planned, although I might go out for a drink with some friends.

RE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! - joost - Apr-01-2011

Congratulations, Albertosaurus Rex.

23 is a nice number: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWAGvFGl6T8