thePlenty.net Forums
Farseer Trilogy Hardcover - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Farseer Trilogy Hardcover (/thread-27.html)

Farseer Trilogy Hardcover - taloshield - Mar-25-2009

Does anyone know where I can look for the Farseer Trilogy in Hardcover? I know it was only published in the UK in hardcover, but I am willing to have it shipped. I looked on amazon.com and the only listing I could find was very expensive (Royal Assassin was priced at $678!). Does anyones have any suggestions on where I can look, or if it would even be possible? Thanks for your help!

RE: Farseer Trilogy Hardcover - chriSchaeffer - Mar-25-2009

I would suggest looking in local second hand book stores. I picked up a hardback of Assassin's Quest from a local store for about 10 bucks. I was VERY proud of that find. AND I got it signed when I saw Robin in Austin last year. Sorry... Don't mean to rub it in, but this is the only place I could brag about something like that and people would care at all.

RE: Farseer Trilogy Hardcover - taloshield - Mar-27-2009

I must admit, I am jealous! I will keep searching for copies, but I guess it just takes a lucky day. Thanks for your advice, and congrats on finding the book And getting it signed!
And I do suppose it would be hard to find any other place where you could brag about that and have people understand!

RE: Farseer Trilogy Hardcover - Tintaglia - Mar-28-2009

Mmmm...
Maybe on ebay?

@Chris: you MET Robin, you lucky guy! I'm SO jealous...

RE: Farseer Trilogy Hardcover - chriSchaeffer - Mar-28-2009

(Mar-28-2009, 08:41 AM (UTC))Tintaglia Wrote: @Chris: you MET Robin, you lucky guy! I'm SO jealous...

Not only did I meet her, about 10 of us went to dinner with her after the book signing. I spent about 2 hours sitting right across from her at the table laughing and talking about book and non-book stuff. It was awesome.

Here's my summary of the night.
http://fans.theplenty.net/austin2008chris.php

Here's a video I took of her reading an excerpt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rys9fT5HDk

RE: Farseer Trilogy Hardcover - Tintaglia - Mar-28-2009

(Mar-28-2009, 04:08 PM (UTC))chriSchaeffer Wrote:
(Mar-28-2009, 08:41 AM (UTC))Tintaglia Wrote: @Chris: you MET Robin, you lucky guy! I'm SO jealous...

Not only did I meet her, about 10 of us went to dinner with her after the book signing. I spent about 2 hours sitting right across from her at the table laughing and talking about book and non-book stuff. It was awesome.
...well, I'll add THIS in my personal list "Problems of being Italian"... T T

RE: Farseer Trilogy Hardcover - Mervi - Mar-29-2009

Most of the UK hardbacks can only be found at used book stores and places like Amazon marketplace and eBay. I guess if you're really lucky, you might find a new copy of Fool's Fate forgotten in some corner shelf on a small shop somewhere, but generally all these titles are "sold out".
The thing that makes it especially difficult to find a decent used hardback copy of Assassin's Apprentice and Royal Assassin is that the prints were limited to about 2000 copies, and reportedly half of those went to libraries etc. So quite a few of the 2nd hand AAs that are sold are not in very good condition as they have been read by lots of people! So before you buy online, make sure to read the details and/or ask the seller questions.

(This reminds me that I should put the rest of Willems book editions info up at the wiki, there are some informative notes for collectors included. So much to do... *sigh*)

RE: Farseer Trilogy Hardcover - Cecilyk - Mar-30-2009

Guess what? I saw the UK hardcover of Fool's Fate on the Powell's bookshelf this weekend for $19.95!!! (it was used, of course) There was also a US hardcover of Assassin's Quest. Go to www.powells.com . They are one of the largest used book sellers in the country. I didn't buy either of them because I didn't see the need (and I'm poor at the moment), but go see what they've got! Good luck!

RE: Farseer Trilogy Hardcover - wildvoodoo - Feb-16-2011

(Mar-25-2009, 05:48 PM (UTC))taloshield Wrote: Does anyone know where I can look for the Farseer Trilogy in Hardcover? I know it was only published in the UK in hardcover, but I am willing to have it shipped. I looked on amazon.com and the only listing I could find was very expensive (Royal Assassin was priced at $678!). Does anyones have any suggestions on where I can look, or if it would even be possible? Thanks for your help!

Don't know if you are still interested but I have a complete set of hardcover British 1st Edition of the Farseer Trilogy. Hate to part with them but I am in the middle of moving and must.

RE: Farseer Trilogy Hardcover - Mervi - Mar-02-2011

wildvoodoo, if you're still trying to sell your Farseer trilogy, feel free to use our Bingtown's night market to advertise it. Smiling