thePlenty.net Forums
If fantasy could be true (contains some RotE spoilers so beware) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: If fantasy could be true (contains some RotE spoilers so beware) (/thread-289.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

If fantasy could be true (contains some RotE spoilers so beware) - Farseer - Mar-24-2011

We often read books, or watch TV shows and movies, and find ourselves wishing that some of the people, places and things in them were real. What are some of the things you've ever wished for? Here are some I can come up with, in no particular order...

• Fitz, Nighteyes and Fool (of course! P )
  • The Wit...not so sure on the Skill...!
  • The Realm of the Elderlings
  • Althea and Brashen's Elderling Teapot
  • Luke Skywalker
  • The Force
  • Lightsabres
  • The Millennium Falcon
  • The Tardis
  • The Shire
  • Aragorn
  • Dragons
  • The Land of Deltora
  • The Belt of Deltora
  • Halt, Araluen Ranger
  • Platform 9 3/4
  • Indiana Jones
  • One Hundred Acre Wood
  • Excalibur Knight
  • Papa Smurf
  • Aladdin's Lamp
  • Aladdin's Magic Carpet
  • Monkey Magic's Cloud

RE: If fantasy could be true (contains some RotE spoilers so beware) - FoolishGirl - Mar-24-2011

-a skill bond with my beloved
-a ride on a broom
-a place in the Arcanum
-a dragon!

RE: If fantasy could be true (contains some RotE spoilers so beware) - Mervi - Mar-25-2011

Papa Smurf is all too real! He lives in my iPhone and gives me weird tasks to complete daily.

I'm going to say Miruvor since I'm sick at the moment and could really use a sip of it.

RE: If fantasy could be true (contains some RotE spoilers so beware) - Farseer - Mar-25-2011

Oh, no...get well soon, Mervi! Flowers

RE: If fantasy could be true (contains some RotE spoilers so beware) - Oblivia - Mar-26-2011

Oooh, so many, I spend far too much time thinking about this. Dragons, bond animals, magic in general, elves, The Sword of Truth, Confessors, talking cats (like Emmy in The Redemption of Althalus), shapeshifters and being able to come back from the dead and seek vengeance against the people that killed you and yours.

RE: If fantasy could be true (contains some RotE spoilers so beware) - 'thul - Mar-26-2011

There are far too many things to even hope to list them up...

RE: If fantasy could be true (contains some RotE spoilers so beware) - Albertosaurus Rex - Mar-29-2011

Alright, let's bring on the accusations of escapism! (Just kidding, nothing wrong with escapism...)

Actually, many things in the books I enjoy are very dangerous. Dragons are awesome, but they would be a hazard to just about anything. Anyway, for magic, I think the Wit would be a cool power. We have a couple of rabbits at home and I'm always wondering what's going through their little heads.

As for characters... now this is dangerous territory, because every argument for wanting a certain character around would be he/she would a great friend/romantic partner. And actually saying that out loud or typing it feels a bit creepy to me.

I'll think of more later.

RE: If fantasy could be true (contains some RotE spoilers so beware) - joost - Mar-29-2011

I'd like to meet Halo Jones.

RE: If fantasy could be true (contains some RotE spoilers so beware) - Oblivia - Apr-01-2011

I think I'd actually like to be a confessor myself. Not just with the confessor powers but the fighting skills as well. The no sex thing wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Ummm, can I look like Bridget Regan does as Kahlan as well? lol

RE: If fantasy could be true (contains some RotE spoilers so beware) - 'thul - Apr-02-2011

The powers of war wizards wouldn't be something 'thul would ever say no to.