thePlenty.net Forums
[news from the home page] Win 3 Robin Hobb books and a dragon figurine - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Upcoming books & other RH news (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: [news from the home page] Win 3 Robin Hobb books and a dragon figurine (/thread-293.html)

Pages: 1 2

[news from the home page] Win 3 Robin Hobb books and a dragon figurine - Mellow the Minstrel - Apr-04-2011

Win 3 Robin Hobb books and a dragon figurine

I'm really excited to announce the very first contest here at theplenty.net! We're teaming up with HarperCollins in anticipation of the US publication of The Inheritance and Other Stories which is an anthology of ten classic as well as brand new tales from Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm.

One winner gets this amazing prize package courtesy of HarperCollins publishers:

- a US paperback edition of Dragon Keeper
- a US paperback edition of Dragon Haven
- a galley copy of the upcoming The Inheritance and Other Stories
- a beautiful dragon figurine

And here's what you need to do to win:

1) Reply in the comments with your name and email address and the answer to this question: what is the connection between the character Ronica from the Liveship Traders trilogy and the short story "Homecoming" that is included in the Inheritance collection? (hint: you can find the answer on this site!)

2) Spread the word about this contest. You can post to forums, blogs, Twitter, Facebook, Livejournal communities etc, just make sure that the place where you post is not a locked profile or community.
- Remember to include a link to this contest in your posting.
- Add proof (= links) of your postings to your comment here.

You gain 1 point for every documented posting you make and 1 point for the right answer to the above question. The contestant with most points wins. If there is a tie, the winner's name will be drawn. The contest ends on Sunday the 10th of April at 11PM GMT+2 (convert to your local time).

Good luck!

https://www.theplenty.net/index.php?id=385

RE: [news from the home page] Win 3 Robin Hobb books and a dragon figurine - Farseer - Apr-05-2011

Oh, well done, Mervi and thanks to HarperCollins! Clapping Thankful

RE: [news from the home page] Win 3 Robin Hobb books and a dragon figurine - Mervi - Apr-05-2011

I have to say, if the dragon figurine is anything like the one they sent me last year when I won another competition... it is to kill for. And to top that with 3 books... Toohot

//ETA: here are two photos of my dragon to give you an idea of what I'm talking about. It's one from a series called "Book Wyrms" and this particular dragon is called Black Beauty. I do not know which dragon the HC folks are planning to send, but as you can see, they're gorgeous. Thankful

RE: [news from the home page] Win 3 Robin Hobb books and a dragon figurine - Farseer - Apr-05-2011

It IS gorgeous, alone AND on your bookshelf in company with your fabulous RH collection. Smiling I particularly like how the dragon has been placed on a book foundation...it sets it apart from the usual dragon-type figurines, and it's a book wyrm indeed!

I let everyone over at Blood Memories know about the comp and I can't wait to find out who wins. I hope there's lots of interest, and it's such a fun incentive for others to read 'Homecoming', too!

RE: [news from the home page] Win 3 Robin Hobb books and a dragon figurine - 'thul - Apr-05-2011

Nice figurine...

These beings have decided to participate...
They answered question & reposted it two and a half time...

RE: [news from the home page] Win 3 Robin Hobb books and a dragon figurine - Mervi - Apr-05-2011

There's a spam filter that queues any comments with links in them to be approved before publication. That's why some comments don't always appear immediately. I've added this information to the contest page.

Farseer, at first I was actually going to ask a question about either Cat's Meat or the Inheritance, but since Homecoming has been more widely available already, I thought it would be fairer to ask a question that isn't such a huge spoiler anymore.

RE: [news from the home page] Win 3 Robin Hobb books and a dragon figurine - 'thul - Apr-05-2011

probably a good filter to have...

I have mod under my name so I won't play, but it will be fun to watch what happens...especially knowing that I discussed the answer to the question here on the forum quite some time back. Big Grin

Oh, just read your new post, Mervi (I love that new feature!!) - yes, good idea to ask it from Homecoming!

RE: [news from the home page] Win 3 Robin Hobb books and a dragon figurine - Albertosaurus Rex - Apr-05-2011

That is an awseome contest. However, I'm afraid I don't have much connections to spread the word... and to take part myself would be a bad move, as I already have two of the books. Sweet figurine, though.

Hey, you can always give the books away as gifts and help Robin get new readers!

Farseer, I'm not sure at all that you can't participate if you want to. There's nothing in the rules that would make it easier for you to win because you're an admin.