thePlenty.net Forums
Cat's Meat (Spoilers all Hobb books and short stories) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Cat's Meat (Spoilers all Hobb books and short stories) (/thread-295.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Cat's Meat (Spoilers all Hobb books and short stories) - KekPafrany - Mar-08-2012

Does it contain spoiler about the City of Dragon too? Because I will wait with the reading until I am lucky enough to have that book. Smiling

Fennel - now I looked up in the dictionary, and I have to agree, it's a good name for him Smiling

(Mar-08-2012, 01:34 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Yes, Jinna's cat [[Fennel]]...such a great name for a cat!!

For further info on cats within the realm, you may like to look here (link has spoilers for all books including RWC).

RE: Cat's Meat (Spoilers all Hobb books and short stories) - Farseer - Mar-08-2012

Sorry, KekPafrany, as I did mean to add "not including City of Dragons or Blood of Dragons". At this stage the link only has RWC spoilers up to the end of Dragon Haven. Flowers

I'm still at the start of Chapter Four in CoD! Surrender Hopefully I will get some read during my trip...the way I'm going, fool-ish will have received and finished reading it before I do! Down

RE: Cat's Meat (Spoilers all Hobb books and short stories) - fool-ish - Mar-08-2012

(Mar-08-2012, 02:50 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Sorry, KekPafrany, as I did mean to add "not including City of Dragons or Blood of Dragons". At this stage the link only has RWC spoilers up to the end of Dragon Haven. Flowers

I'm still at the start of Chapter Four in CoD! Surrender Hopefully I will get some read during my trip...the way I'm going, fool-ish will have received and finished reading it before I do! Down
That'll be just short of two months off...I should hope you'll have read it by then. There really aren't enough hours in the day though, I understand that all too well Undecided

Oh and Fennel is the best cat! As cheeky as they come and with his 'your lives should revolve around me' attitude, he made me laugh.

RE: Cat's Meat (Spoilers all Hobb books and short stories) - Omie - Mar-16-2012

The cats in Robin Hobb's writings bear an uncanny resemblence to her dragons.

I would love to read a short story or scene depicting a 'conversation' (read: bitch fest) between a cat and a dragon. 'A cat may look at a queen', indeed.

I found Cat's Meat deeply, inexplicably disturbing, despite being my favourite short story from The Inheritance

RE: Cat's Meat (Spoilers all Hobb books and short stories) - Narya - Mar-16-2012

I had a hard time justifying what happened to Meddalee - even if she was conspiring with Pell to have Pell kill those that stood in their way. There's killing in self defense, and then there's cold blooded killing to preempt someone else's cold blooded killing. But I suppose cats have their own ethics.

RE: Cat's Meat (Spoilers all Hobb books and short stories) - Lady Persephone - Apr-08-2019

(May-06-2011, 12:43 PM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote:
(Apr-07-2011, 11:46 AM (UTC))Chrischa Wrote: I really liked 'Cat's Meat'. I hadn't read it before, but it was my favorite story in The Inheritance.

And you couldn't have read it before had you wanted to - it's a completely new story. Incidentally, my favorite too.

I liked the little references, like Chalcedean blades and Forge. A subtle reminder that Forge wasn't always synonymous with tragedy. And cats speak to whoever they please and can apparently influence people's thoughts... guys, I think we have found the secret rulers of the Realm of the Elderlings. Not the humans. Not the dragons. Not the Elderlings of ages past. The secret overlords, the movers and shakers of the realms are the cats. The Others are right to fear them.

Now I'll have to re-read all the books and confirm all events as unfolding according to the cats' secret conspiracy.

I knew it!!!! This just makes all the little pieces and hints we find scattered throughout the trilogies all fall into place!  Surrender Lightbulb Thankful Clapping  Cats DO rule the realm!  Maybe they caused the cataclysm???  Surrender