thePlenty.net Forums
"First, let me introduce you to yourself" (Beware RotE Spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Site and forum (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Welcome! Read these first, please. (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" (Beware RotE Spoilers) (/thread-3.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Ariaya - May-12-2011

Hello. I'm new to the forums and new to Robin Hobb as well. I recently read my first Hobb book, Ship of Magic. Of course, I had to follow up immediately with Mad Ship.. I'm about a third into Mad Ship. I've enjoyed her storytelling and intricate characterization so much that I find myself wanting to discuss and share my enthusiasm for her work, which is how I found this forum.

I'm definitely hooked. I think what I like most about Hobb's writing is that her characters have so many shades of gray. SPOILER ahead:
I could go on, of course, but I realize this isn't the place for it! I just wanted to introduce myself and say that I am quite enthralled with Robin Hobb and her wonderful Liveship Trilogy.

I look forward to meeting and chatting with you all on the forums.

Best,

Ari[/u]

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Mervi - May-12-2011

Hello Ariaya and welcome to our forums! Smiling I edited your post a bit to hide the spoilers. You can learn how to do that yourself next time here.

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Farseer - May-13-2011

Welcome and well met, Ariaya - it's just terrific to have you join us! Slurp

I, too, have been enthralled during each of my readings of The Mad Ship and, even more so, Ship of Destiny (actually, I've been enthralled by everything Robin has written! Big Grin), and I can't wait to hear more from you! Flowers

Yes, fool-ish...next stop for you just has to be Ship of Magic! Boat

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Ariaya - May-18-2011

Thank you both for the warm welcome.

I'll be more active once I finish the Liveship Traders trilogy.

Hobb just keeps getting better and better. It gets harder to come back from my lunch break every day!

See you all on the main threads and thanks again for the good wishes.[/i]

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - NeverBeenWise - Jul-03-2011

Hello to you! Big Grin

In my humble opinion, it would be best to read the Farseer Trilogy after you finish the Liveship Traders Trilogy. Even though the Tawny Man Trilogy is set after Liveships, the characters are mostly from the Farseer trilogy. And though the Rain Wilds Chronicles are set in, well, the Rain Wilds also pretty much just after Liveships with some familiar characters, I think those books have spoilers for the Tawny Man Trilogy, though I'm not certain.

My point, I guess, is that reading the other three series in the order they were written might be beneficial so you can see the entire story arc.

Welcome to the fan club, Ariaya! New readers are always welcome! Slurp

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - 'thul - Jul-03-2011

there are spoilers in each successive series, varying in strength.
Farseer spoils nothing, since it was first.
Liveship may spoil minor things about Farseer, but nothing major.
Tawny man spoils things from both Farseer and Liveship.
Rain Wild Chronicles spoil some minor details, mainly from Liveship and Tawny man.
No doubt there will be even more spoilers triggered by the third Rain Wild chronicle.

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - fool-ish - Jul-07-2011

This is more of a re-introduction really as it's been a while since I last posted. First off, I had to finish Tawny Man before I perused this forum any further in case of spoilers..done that. Then I couldn't remember my password and then I wound up in hospital with E-coli! All that's over with now so I'm back and will hopefully be posting my thoughts on 'stuff' Smiling

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Farseer - Jul-07-2011

Great to have you back, fool-ish, and I'm glad to hear you are now well!! Slurp

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - fool-ish - Jul-07-2011

(Jul-07-2011, 10:56 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Great to have you back, fool-ish, and I'm glad to hear you are now well!! Slurp
Thanks Farseer Smiling

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Selene - Jul-30-2011

Hello everbody, I'm Selene and I'm like many of you hooked by the Hobb books. They're just wonderful. It's Fool's Fate I like the best of all her books but ofcourse the others are very close. I haven't read the Soldier's Son books and I'm not planning to do that, because they will never be as good as the Realm of the Elderlings. I don't want my opinion of this writer to change in a negative way. But I can't wait for her next book Book Excuse me for the possible mistakes in my posts, English is not my best language Uhhuh