thePlenty.net Forums
"First, let me introduce you to yourself" (Beware RotE Spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Site and forum (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Welcome! Read these first, please. (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" (Beware RotE Spoilers) (/thread-3.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Farseer - Jul-31-2011

Well met and welcome to thePlenty, Selene! Slurp

I, too, would choose Fool's Fate if I was pressed to choose my 'best', though Assassin's Quest and Ship of Destiny are right up there as well. Possibly it has something to do with them all being the final book in each series! P

As for your post, I couldn't find any mistakes - your English looks perfect to me! Flowers For some of us, it is our only language and we are still trying to get it right! What is your 'best' language?

I love your avatar by the way, and I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the books! Yay

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Selene - Aug-01-2011

Thank you for the warm welcome Farseer.
Wow, no mistakes at all?? That's nice Yay
I suppose this is the first time the summer holiday improves my English P I live in the Netherlands, so my first language is Dutch.
Well, I think I'm going to look around on these forums now, see you later!

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Clarity - Aug-04-2011

I first read Assassin’s Apprentice in 1995 when it was first published and I was immediately hooked. I remember being amazed at the originality of the plot development in Assassin’s Quest, and Robin has never disappointed me since. Her Liveship and Rainwilds books are just so unique. Her imagination is beyond equal. I have just reread the Assassin trilogy and loved it even more than the first time. Can’t wait to work my way through them all. Glad I now have like-minded people to discuss the books with. Smiling

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Farseer - Aug-04-2011

Well met and a special welcome to you, Clarity...it's so good to finally have you here with us. Wink

For the benefit of others, Clarity and I met while standing in line waiting for our Tangle Leader's signature at SupaNova earlier in the year.

As for Selene, I love your avatar, Clarity. Your name, too, conjures up all sorts of RotE-related things for me - it's brilliant! Clapping

I would like to add that there is the opportunity to create rooms for discussions in other languages, if newer members weren't aware of that option. We currently have only the one other forum in Finnish but I'm sure Mervi (admin) would be able to organise others when she got the time?

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - 'thul - Aug-04-2011

These beings welcome those that joined in recent times (not the spambots, though)

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - EverSnow - Aug-07-2011

So, I came across the Farseer Trilogy quite a few years ago now & fell in love & immediately bought the Tawny Man books. I'd read the start of the Liveship Traders a while before & was fascinated to discover they were part of the same universe so had to go back and finish them.

I've recently just re-read the two trilogies I own and got back into the books again & I'm excited to find other people with an interest in them.

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - 'thul - Aug-07-2011

Then you have entered the right forum. There are a number of people here basking in various levels of Realm of the Elderlings addictions.

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Farseer - Aug-07-2011

^ Addicted we are, and in a tangle as always.

Well met Eversnow!

There's nothing like having 'new' eyes running over discussions so it's fantastic to have you here on thePlenty. Welcome! Slurp

I am very taken with your avatar and I'd be lying if I said that I hadn't thought about going out in public like that at least once. Big Grin

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - EverSnow - Aug-11-2011

(Aug-07-2011, 10:26 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: I am very taken with your avatar and I'd be lying if I said that I hadn't thought about going out in public like that at least once. Big Grin

I almost did having forgot I had it on!
Would have been especially interesting in that it looked more vivid than it does in the photo XD

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - 'thul - Aug-12-2011

Scaled skin would at times have been very practical.