thePlenty.net Forums
"First, let me introduce you to yourself" (Beware RotE Spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Site and forum (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Welcome! Read these first, please. (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" (Beware RotE Spoilers) (/thread-3.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - redchild - Mar-26-2009

Hi everyone

I first learned about the Farseer trilogy from Amazon.com but only picked it up from Border's as a book to read on the plane. Fell in love with the series and picked up the rest of Farseer, followed by Tawny Man, followed by Liveship Traders. I have not read Soldier's Son.
While it seems like many people here have Liveships as their favorite series, I have to say I like Farseer and Tawny Man better. I liked how personal it was to follow Fitz's story through his perspective and being able to know his thoughts and experiences. It feels a lot like growing up with him. Smiling

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Cecilyk - Mar-26-2009

redchild, I feel the same way about the Farseer books. I love Liveship, but my favorites are those about Fitz. Anyway, welcome!

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Mervi - Mar-29-2009

Hello Cecilyk and redchild, and welcome. Smiling It's nice to see new faces here and you've certainly brought some life to this place. Keep it up! Smiling

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - chriSchaeffer - Mar-29-2009

Yeah, the place hasn't been this busy in a while. It's fun!

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Chiquita - May-05-2009

Hi there! I'm new! Glad I found a place where I can discuss one of my fav authors' books Smiling At the moment I'm reading Renegade's Magic and hope to have it finished in a week or so.

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Cecilyk - May-05-2009

(May-05-2009, 08:15 PM (UTC))Chiquita Wrote: Hi there! I'm new! Glad I found a place where I can discuss one of my fav authors' books Smiling At the moment I'm reading Renegade's Magic and hope to have it finished in a week or so.

Welcome!! We've been rather inactive over here, so feel free to post like crazy. Smiling

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - chriSchaeffer - May-05-2009

She already has! 5 posts in one day. I believe that might be a record. Big Grin

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Changer - May-05-2009

Hello everyone,

I came across Robin Hobb about 3 years ago and read the Farseer trilogy in dutch, I'm glad I've found a place to talk about what must be some of my favourite books ever. I'm a budding writer myself so Hobb is one of my idols P
Changer

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - BuckBear - May-06-2009

Hi there, Farseer Fans.

I'm BuckBear. I've been a fan of the Realm of the Elderlings for about four years. I think I've read the books about 10 times in that period.

I'm forever forcing it onto my friends so that I can talk about it with them. I've made a couple of new fans that way.

If you'll allow me to linkwhore for a moment, this is my (still unfinished) discussion of the analogy between the Wit and homosexuality. You're welcome to disagree with me - it's just how I see it, because it's my thing.

Oh, and I'm an Aussie. *waves*

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Mervi - May-06-2009

I'm glad to see so many new faces here, welcome all! Smiling