thePlenty.net Forums
"First, let me introduce you to yourself" (Beware RotE Spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Site and forum (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Welcome! Read these first, please. (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" (Beware RotE Spoilers) (/thread-3.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" (Beware RotE Spoilers) - Farseer - May-07-2012

(May-07-2012, 03:56 PM (UTC))Valarya Wrote: I find it interesting that people typically want to get out of their own countries, lol.

Not me! I want to visit a couple of places just so that I can say that I've "been there, done that", or to pretend I am more worldy than I actually am, but I am quite happy growing out my grey hairs here Down Under. Smiling

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" (Beware RotE Spoilers) - finella - May-08-2012

(May-07-2012, 08:15 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: I know people who have moved overseas to warmer climes, Spain e.g. but then they've returned and for many and varied reasons, but one (and perhaps an odd one at that) is that they missed the rain!!

Germany is also not famous for it’s good weather Big Grin and I know some people moving away (and coming back). I for one couldn’t live somewhere, where it doesn’t rain or only twice a year. I don’t need continual rain for 2 weeks or so. But I hate dryness. I love nature after a good decent rain – the smell, the look, the knowledge, that everything grows etc. and our countryside with rich green pastures, big and small woods etc. No, no country without rain for me!

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" (Beware RotE Spoilers) - 'thul - May-08-2012

one coastal city in Norway is infamous for rain. Fortunately, 'thul are not there.

Occasional rain is good. Too often and it is no longer good.

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" (Beware RotE Spoilers) - finella - May-08-2012

(May-08-2012, 10:17 AM (UTC))thul Wrote: Occasional rain is good. Too often and it is no longer good.

Rain during the night would be great.

I remember some years ago, we had a period of perhaps about 4 weeks or so without one drop of rain. When it at last started raining, I was standing in the door, looking outside into the garden and feeling as relieved as nature around. I felt absolutely happy for the rain Dance.

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" (Beware RotE Spoilers) - fool-ish - May-08-2012

For all the rain we've had lately, we are in the midst of a drought....apparently Undecided

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" (Beware RotE Spoilers) - Valarya - May-08-2012

(May-08-2012, 09:31 AM (UTC))finella Wrote: I for one couldn’t live somewhere, where it doesn’t rain or only twice a year. I don’t need continual rain for 2 weeks or so. But I hate dryness. I love nature after a good decent rain – the smell, the look, the knowledge, that everything grows etc. and our countryside with rich green pastures, big and small woods etc. No, no country without rain for me!

I feel as you do about the rain. I wouldn't want it constantly, but when it does happen I absolutely love it!! One of my favorite nature-views is a rich summer green tree up against a dark blue-grey storm cloud sky. I also love the smell of nature after it rains. Smiling (Unless i'm in the city in which case it stinks slightly, haha)

I stayed in Feldberg, Germany for 3-4 days once. Absolutely beautiful country. Flowers

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" (Beware RotE Spoilers) - fool-ish - May-08-2012

Like I said, the grass ain't always greener on the other side, but as our summers over here have been complete washouts over the last few years, idle thoughts of flitting somewhere with more clement weather often fill my mind...not that it's ever gonna happen!

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" (Beware RotE Spoilers) - finella - May-10-2012

Hey, I know exactly, that I answered to this. Strange, where has my posting gone Blink ?

Anyway - it perhaps was Feldberg in the Schwarzwald (Blackwood). Nice place for a bit of skeing in winter and backpacking during the rest of the year. (It’s the only Feldberg I know).

@fool-ish: where do you live? Our last couple of summers were not good either. But we had a beautiful autumn last year. We were on holidays in Agypt for 2 weeks in October and being back I really enjoyed the clean, fresh air and the green and lush landscape. What a difference to Agypt.

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" (Beware RotE Spoilers) - Valarya - May-10-2012

(May-10-2012, 03:05 PM (UTC))finella Wrote: Anyway - it perhaps was Feldberg in the Schwarzwald (Blackwood). Nice place for a bit of skeing in winter and backpacking during the rest of the year. (It’s the only Feldberg I know).

Yep, that's the one!! Smiling

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" (Beware RotE Spoilers) - finella - May-10-2012

(May-10-2012, 03:07 PM (UTC))Valarya Wrote:
(May-10-2012, 03:05 PM (UTC))finella Wrote: Anyway - it perhaps was Feldberg in the Schwarzwald (Blackwood). Nice place for a bit of skeing in winter and backpacking during the rest of the year. (It’s the only Feldberg I know).

Yep, that's the one!! Smiling

Aaah, Germany is soooooo small Wink