thePlenty.net Forums
"First, let me introduce you to yourself" (Beware RotE Spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Site and forum (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Welcome! Read these first, please. (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" (Beware RotE Spoilers) (/thread-3.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" (Beware RotE Spoilers) - Fennel - Mar-25-2015

Hi all,

Newbie here, just discovered Robin Hobb a few weeks ago, and after reading all of the Fitz and The Fool books I felt so sad to be without them that I searched for a place I could share that pain ;-)

I have read the first few pages of the first of the Liveship Traders trilogy but I keep putting it down and wondering what happened to certain characters that I left at the end of Fool's Assassin....
Maybe I need to get out more?!
Anyway, I'm from the UK, I live in West Sussex with my husband, my lovely lurcher, Ruby (yes, I try to form a wit bond with her on a daily basis), our naughty moggy, Bista (same here), and a tarantula called Alice, (nope!).

Nice to meet you all, have a lovely evening :-)

Fennel (fish?)

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" (Beware RotE Spoilers) - iniaes - Apr-19-2016

Hello all o/

I had a free book code from Amazon in January and invested it in the first of the Liveship trilogy. Now I'm 13 books through the RotE books and about so start on Fool's Assassin.

A huge fan of the majority of things sci fi and fantasy. I don't know what I'll do once I'm all caught up! Probably lurk in here with you all and discuss things

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" (Beware RotE Spoilers) - Mervi - Apr-20-2016

Hello iniaes! It's always nice to see new people signing up - it has been really quiet here for the past couple of years, but people do still check in, even if not daily. So feel free to start new conversations or reply to old ones, and don't be discourages if it takes awhile before anyone replies.

Wow, 13 books since January?! You've been really busy.  Smiling

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" (Beware RotE Spoilers) - iniaes - Apr-20-2016

(Apr-20-2016, 06:22 AM (UTC))Mervi Wrote: Hello iniaes! It's always nice to see new people signing up - it has been really quiet here for the past couple of years, but people do still check in, even if not daily. So feel free to start new conversations or reply to old ones, and don't be discourages if it takes awhile before anyone replies.

Wow, 13 books since January?! You've been really busy.  Smiling

I believe it's 13... the Live ship Traders set, Rain wild chronicles, Fitz and the Fool and the Assassin sets... Yep 13 Smiling And time well spent too. There are little bits in the endings of both Duchies trilogies that I love, although the trials and tribulations of the Traders are brilliant too.

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" (Beware RotE Spoilers) - jrfarseer - May-08-2016

Hello there
Just signed up. I literally just finished Fool's Assassin. I decided to not be or read any forums until I was finished with the RotE. I don't post much, but i love the read forums and I hope to have fun in this one. I'll try to participate. though.

Simply, hello. - Sooty - Oct-29-2016

Book  I've been browsing on the forum for a few months. Enjoy it very much.  I have just registered and I am looking forward to contributing. I read the Farseer trilogy many  years ago (it remains my favourite), and have been catching up in the last three years or so. Ms Hobb is a splendid writer, BUT I have a few issues with Fool's Assassin and Fool's Quest. I'll see if I can work up the courage to post a slightly negative, but analytical, objective, critique (with SPOILER warnings).   If you enjoy a civilised literary debate on character development - Sooty will not disappoint.  Cheers.

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" (Beware RotE Spoilers) - IvebeenaFool - Jan-17-2017

Hello everyone! My former boss got me into Robin Hobb and I have read (in chronological order) up to Dragon Haven. I have loved EVERY MINUTE of the experience. Some of the best fantasy books of all time imho!

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" (Beware RotE Spoilers) - Germ - May-16-2017

Hi folks!

I've kept my eye on this forum for a long time, and always wished it were more active. The day came when I realized that just lurking isn't helping the situation, so here I am! Ready to talk.

I started reading Hobb when I was twelve - 19 years ago. Assassin's Apprentice was given to me by a friend as my gateway to fantasy. I hated it. She made me read Royal Assassin anyway. Kettricken turned into a badass, and I've been hopelessly hooked ever since.

I'm actually on a trip to Seattle right now, and I was able to attend her US book launch for AF. It was incredible to finally meet her after reading for so many years. Smiling

I'm looking forward to re-reading the series and doing fresh reviews/thought dumps on my blog. I hope to help contribute to the wiki's here as I go. I noticed there isn't much in the way of plot summaries, something I sorely needed waiting a year between each book. Is there any rule against detailed plot summaries on the wiki?

Anyway, nice to meet you all. Smiling

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" (Beware RotE Spoilers) - Mervi - May-17-2017

Hi Germ! And hello to all the rest of you new folks, please feel free to introduce yourselves!

I've been hoping someone would write book summaries!! I haven't felt comfortable doing those myself but I feel they would be a really good thing to have! So far, with the short story summaries, I've tried to avoid major spoilers if possible and be a bit roundabout with details. I have some thoughts about this... I'm going to go to the wiki development thread over here so we can continue the discussion.

Anyone thinking about adding stuff to the wiki:
1) You're awesome!   Cool
2) Due to previous issues with spam, wiki editing is unfortunately restricted to approved accounts. So if you don't already have an account (from pre 2012-ish) : request an account here (don't sweat about the bio, just try to appear like not-a-bot. Wink )
And if there's anything you need help with/the form has issues/you don't get an email with your account details after about 24 hours - do not hesitate to contact me (email, PM here, yell at me on twitter/tumblr etc).

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" (Beware RotE Spoilers) - KekPafrany - Jun-08-2017

(Jun-07-2017, 08:04 AM (UTC))issacsamuel Wrote: Hello,
Iam a essay writer and new to this forum working in a company called Essay writing service reviews.
Thank you mervi

So have you come to admire her books, or offer/spam your service?  Blink