thePlenty.net Forums
"First, let me introduce you to yourself" (Beware RotE Spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Site and forum (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Welcome! Read these first, please. (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" (Beware RotE Spoilers) (/thread-3.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - chriSchaeffer - Oct-03-2009

Masha, where's the error? Got a page number or chapter?

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - clarkhopes - Nov-06-2009

Hey guys,
I just joined these forums and would like to take the time to let you know a little bit about me. I'm clark 22 years of age from Birmingham.
Glad to join here and I am hoping to make some wonderful friends along the way.
I like forum discussion because here I can share my views and ideas to others.
Hope to have a great time here. Nice to meet you all.

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - chriSchaeffer - Nov-06-2009

Another American. Cool! Welcome to the forum Clark.

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Chutzpah - Dec-14-2009

Waving enthusiastically from Malmö, Sweden!

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - randall - Jan-18-2010

Hello Everyone,
My name is Randall but I liked to be called Ranny and that's the way my friends know me. I dropped in to say hi to everyone. I got into a habit of reading after I read "The Da Vinci Code", I liked reading the book so much that I started reading other novels too and now reading has become a hobbie. I think I'll have a good time connecting with the members here.

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Liquid Ice - Feb-21-2010

Heya
I dunno how popular these forums are atm but I'm sure they'll perk up a lil when Dragon Haven comes out haha. I just finished the Farseer Trilogy and The Tawny Man Trilogy (after like a marathon of reading) and will prob start on Liveship Traders soon. I found out about Robin Hobb's books when I picked up Dragon Keeper and loved the way it was written (even though it was a lil long winded) and decided I'd start to read the rest of her stuff.

Basically I just signed up here to express any thoughts I have on topics posted here.

So yea, Hey P:

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Mervi - Feb-22-2010

Hi and welcome! Smiling It's always nice to get new users here. It's true that these forums are mostly active when new books are published, but it doesn't have to stay that way. Wink

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Nuytsia - Mar-10-2010

Hello!
Well I started reading Robin Hobb books because of a recommendation on George RR Martin's website. 'What to read while waiting for my next book to come out' ........ or something like that !
I read the solider boy books first and I think that was about a year ago. I found them a bit hard to get into at first, but once I got into them found them pretty interesting and different.
Then I read the Assasin trilogy and after that the Liveship one. Really liked them!
I just recently read the Tawny Man series and for some reason that really got me involved more than the others. So I guess I ended up reading this forum to get a fix after the books ended!!!!
I'm just about to get my hands on Dragon Keeper now - I actually didn't realise there were new Robin Hobb books until recently!

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Manephelien - Mar-13-2010

Hello, I'm Maria from Finland. Decided to join these forums after I read Dragon Haven in one sitting. Still a bit dizzy!

I really love the Liveship Traders trilogy and the Rain Wild Chronicles, enjoy Farseer and Tawny Man. Sadly I'm not too keen on Soldier Son, mainly because I find Nevare unsympathetic.

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - chriSchaeffer - Mar-15-2010

Hey Maria. Welcome to the forum! You're not alone in on your opinion about Soldier Son. It was a break from the typical Hobb book and I didn't enjoy them as much either. Good reads though.