thePlenty.net Forums
"First, let me introduce you to yourself" (Beware RotE Spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Site and forum (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Welcome! Read these first, please. (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" (Beware RotE Spoilers) (/thread-3.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Nuytsia - Apr-20-2010

Hmmm weird! I have only been here a few years so I'm pretty sure I can remember back to when I first came here. I don't remember any thoughts about clouds...... and no-one has ever mentioned it!!!
It's actually amazing how many people I meet here who have moved from elsewhere....
Are you sure it's not that YOUR clouds are 'different' to rest of Aus!! Turned
Then again, I have been to Qld several times and didn't notice any weird cloud movements.....

That's it! I'm now going to ask everyone who says they're from elsewhere if they notice anything different about the clouds...... inquiring minds must know!

It can be our new tourist slogan ..... Tasmania...land of the fast white cloud...

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - RZ - May-12-2010

Hey there, I'm RZ! Smiling

I first picked up Assassin's Apprentice many, many years ago whilst hunting through the house for something to read. I devoured that and the remainder of the Farseer trilogy that summer. Having become a huge fan, I then picked up both the Liveship books, and the Tawny Man trilogy. I've read those three more times than I can count, and as soon as I finish my current re-read (I just finished Golden Fool!) I'll be picking up the Rain Wild Chronicles Smiling

What else... hmm... Ah, my favourite series would be the original Farseer trilogy, but Kennit is my favourite character from the books I've read so far!

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Manephelien - May-12-2010

Hello and welcome!

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Nuytsia - May-12-2010

Hi RZ !
Sounds like you'll fit right in here - a real Hobb fanatic!
Welcome to the group!
I shouldn't admit the shocking fact that I have only read the books once Wink
I am soooooo looking forward to reading through a second time and finding all sorts of things I missed the first time.
I have to read Dragon Haven first though..... oooh sooooon I will have it.

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Farseer - May-13-2010

Well met, RZ!

(May-12-2010, 03:02 PM (UTC))Nuytsia Wrote: I have to read Dragon Haven first though..... oooh sooooon I will have it.

Message me your postal address, Nuytsia, and I'll let you borrow mine...I can't stand knowing that you haven't read it yet!!! I'd have thought at least state libraries would have had it in stock by now?

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - RZ - May-14-2010

Ah, thank you all! It's a pleasure :)

Better once than never, Nuytsia! Besides, I've not yet read Dragon Haven either (Nor Dragon Keeper!), but I will! I'll have to go pick them up as soon as I finish Fool's Fate!

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Lord Punctual - May-17-2010

Hi everyone.

I've read all of the Realm of the Elderlings books, and so far my faoruties were the Rain Wild Chronicles. I've heard mixed reports about if there will be a third book for that group or not - does anyone know? My favourite thing about Ms. Hobb's books is the way that she writes actions for the antagonists that, to them, seem reasonable and justified. I'm a little sick of the way that a lot of Fantasy Books have cartoonishly evil villains that are "bitter with the world" or "consumed by envy" or "philosophically evil." I especially loved the confrontations between Kyle Haven and... well, everyone around him, because Kyle's actions always seemed like the right thing to do, at least to himself.

I picked the name Lord Punctual because it occurred to me as just about the most underwhelming name for a Six Duchies nobleman ever. "Well, he's not very courageous, or valiant, or kingly, or... (etc) but he's always on time!"

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Farseer - May-17-2010

Well met, Lord Punctual (love your name P!).

(May-17-2010, 05:20 AM (UTC))Lord Punctual Wrote: I've heard mixed reports about if there will be a third book for that group or not - does anyone know?

There are a few comments regarding this in the Dragon Keeper discussion thread and also The Next Book thread under the 'Upcoming Books' forum Smiling . You may also find yourself agreeing with Chrischa re your comments concerning Kyle in the Emotions in the Elderling Realm thread.

Great to have you with us Clapping !

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Blacky - May-18-2010

Hello all - I'm Rachel and I picked up the Assasians Apprentice about 6 months ago and couldn't stop reading until I put down Dragon Haven! My husband has been feeling neglected!! I am from the beutiful Gold Coast in QLD Australia and have enjoyed many wines on the balcony whilst reading Robin Hobb. Looking forward to the next series!!

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Farseer - May-18-2010

G'day, Blacky! Have seen you around on here for a little while now but glad to hear you're yet another Queenslander on thePlenty!!