thePlenty.net Forums
"First, let me introduce you to yourself" (Beware RotE Spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Site and forum (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Welcome! Read these first, please. (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" (Beware RotE Spoilers) (/thread-3.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Nuytsia - May-18-2010

Welcome Lord Punctual and Blacky!

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - FoolMoon - May-31-2010

Hi there!
i just came upon these forums and decided to join. my name is Yuval, but since it's an annoying name, i also go by Jezebel and Moon. i'm 18 years old and a big Robin Hobb fan since i was 13. i own and read most of her "Realm of the Elderlings" books (right now reading Dragon Keeper which took me a year to possess).

English is not my mother's tongue but i read in English and am quite good with the language, but forgive me if i'm not very clear.

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Farseer - May-31-2010

Well met, FoolMoon!

(May-31-2010, 12:32 AM (UTC))FoolMoon Wrote: English is not my mother's tongue but i read in English and am quite good with the language, but forgive me if i'm not very clear.

This being so, you may be interested in the What languages do you speak? thread Smiling .

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Nuytsia - May-31-2010

Hi FoolMoon!
I only just recently read Dragon Keeper myself and JUST finished Dragon Haven.
Welcome to the forums!!!

Do you mind if I ask what country you are from?

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - NeverBeenWise - Jun-24-2010

Hello! I'm from the US. I'm so happy to have found this!

I just got interested in Robin Hobb's work a few months ago when I read Assassin's Apprentice. I stopped reading for a while, then recently I read Royal Assassin and Assassin's Quest... and loved them (and the Fool) so much that I had to go out and buy Fool's Errand and Golden Fool. Sadly, the store was sold out of copies of Fool's Fate. I read from Royal Assassin to Golden Fool in about... a week? And then was so antsy for another week that I begged my dad to take me to Barnes and Noble so I could find the last book.

All told, I think I read the books (not counting the weeks of waiting to get them) in about two weeks. I skipped over Liveships because I didn't know that the Fool was in them, and now I'm kicking myself...

So yes, I'm obsessed. Big Grin Happily so. And now I'm happy because I have to finish re-reading The Tawny Man, and then start reading Liveships, and then read the WHOLE SERIES over again in order. And rejoice every time there is the subtlest mention of love between Fitz and the Fool.

Um... sorry.... Heh heh heh. Enough about the awesomeness that is the Realm of the Elderlings. I'm 18, a girl (yes, another one), and I absolutely adore my two cats. I speak English and Spanish and am learning Greek and Swedish. And I made a character on a roleplaying site for a completely different world who was based on the Fool, though I had to change him quite a bit... and I've been going on Omegle convincing people that I'm a 19-year-old boy named Golden. SO much fun.

Whoops. This turned out to be a huge rant about the depth of my obsession. Sorry about that.

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Liquid Ice - Jun-25-2010

Hey NeverBeenWise!
I'm glad you've gotten so obsessed P Robin's work does that to people Big Grin
Welcome to the forum!

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Farseer - Jun-26-2010

Yes, welcome to thePlenty, NeverBeenWise (love your name P!)!

No need to apologise...you are in good company as far as long, obsessive posts about Robin's work goes Big Grin...don't stop now!!!!

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - NeverBeenWise - Jun-27-2010

Oh, thank you for the comments and your kindness! As for the name, well... it was the last thing I thought of, actually, and it was mostly out of desperation because apparently the site thought I was a known spammer... which is ridiculous, because I'd never seen the site before. But thanks!

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Nuytsia - Jun-28-2010

Hi NBW and welcome to the forum!
Wink

RE: "First, let me introduce you to yourself" - Liquid Ice - Aug-15-2010

Anyone else think this thread should be more... predominate?
Maybe as a sticky or something making it more obvious in the forum?