thePlenty.net Forums
Caption contest - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Everything else (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Caption contest (/thread-314.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Caption contest - Albertosaurus Rex - Jun-16-2011

My French is really bad. I understand about half that sentence's meaning, but the other half is lost on me...

Let's see how long we can go without someone submitting a lolcat caption.

RE: Caption contest - joost - Jun-16-2011

Love affair? Affair of the heart? I don't know... I live in hope

RE: Caption contest - Farseer - Jun-20-2011

This is actually a direct quote from Pepe Le Pew, the love-sick, animated skunk. The photo just put me in mind of him and his antics in chasing Penelope Pussycat (who he believes is actually a female skunk). Smiling

EDIT: Okay, time to 'fess up! I was so tired (excuses, excuses?!) when I came on here yesterday that when I read joost's post, only the first half initially registered in my brain as being connected to/translated from my quote, so I actually responded to the "I don't know ... I live in hope" half with a second paragraph of my own which said something like, 'Aww. It'll happen one day, joost!' Grouphug , thinking that I should encouarage poor joost who was lamenting a true lack of a love! I posted it, only to then realise that joost had just translated the whole quote, and not added a personal comment!!! Blushing Whistling Big Grin

RE: Caption contest - 'thul - Jun-20-2011

Pepe Le Pew lovesick? What could possibly compel you to think that?

(aside from obvious facts, of course...)

RE: Caption contest - Nuytsia - Jun-21-2011

Hehe I never understood exactly what he was saying in those cartoons. now I know!

(Jun-20-2011, 12:06 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: This is actually a direct quote from Pepe Le Pew, the love-sick, animated skunk. The photo just put me in mind of him and his antics in chasing Penelope Pussycat (who he believes is actually a female skunk). Smiling

EDIT: Okay, time to 'fess up! I was so tired (excuses, excuses?!) when I came on here yesterday that when I read joost's post, only the first half initially registered in my brain as being connected to/translated from my quote, so I actually responded to the "I don't know ... I live in hope" half with a second paragraph of my own which said something like, 'Aww. It'll happen one day, joost!' Grouphug , thinking that I should encouarage poor joost who was lamenting a true lack of a love! I posted it, only to then realise that joost had just translated the whole quote, and not added a personal comment!!! Blushing Whistling Big Grin

RE: Caption contest - 'thul - Jun-21-2011

"Coffee? Tea? Monster?"

Who said that?

RE: Caption contest - redchild - Jun-22-2011

Go ahead and post a peekture, Farseer. Smiling

RE: Caption contest - Farseer - Jun-22-2011

Why, thank you, redchild! Smiling

I thought about searching for a pic online but, instead, here's one from my family vault. What will you fellow thePlentyers come up with?

RE: Caption contest - Albertosaurus Rex - Jun-27-2011

Well, look who's adorable! Who is she in relation to you, Farseer? Anyway...

300 flavors of ice cream proves to be just a little too much for some people.

RE: Caption contest - Nuytsia - Jul-01-2011

The Fool is a GUY? Are you sure?